Research in abroad
Social Science, Economics, Geography, Anthropology, Sociology, Demography.
The Population Council�s Social Science.
The acclaim of funding The Population Council�s Social Science goes to Fred H. Bixby Foundation. The Population Council�s Social Science patronizes the research of its endeavor scholars who are devoted in the field of social science, biomedical, and public health. The program helps to enhance the career of budding professionals who belong to developing countries and want to expand their knowledge and career in geography, anthropology, sociology, demography, economics and social science. The aim of the foundation is to discover innovative and practical ideas that could improve and develop the condition of the people and participate in the progress of the nation.
Eligibility for Population Council's Social Science Fellowship:
- Candidate should be armed with a doctorate, post doctorate, or Ph. D degree.
- Candidate should have excellent academic achievements with a cumulative score of 3.5 out of 4.0
- Candidate should have a zest and passion to conduct research in the field in social science and population
- Candidate should be willing to serve his/her mother land after completing the fellowship program.
Value for Population Council's Social Science Fellowship:
- The program helps the candidate to know about the cause and consequences of unhealthy environment, unhygienic condition, poverty, poor reproductive health and the impact of overgrowing population.
- Candidate achieves the knowledge and practical solutions to the above mentioned problems with the help of this program.
- The experience that he/she gains in another nation about the social, economic, and demographic conditions and their interdependency can help him/her to produce new, innovative, and practical solutions and its implementation in his own country.
- The award covers the tuition fees, transportation, living stipends, and health insurance.
Duration for Population Council's Social Science Fellowship:
Scholars can avail the fellowship for a period of 2 years. In the tenure they have to accomplish3+1 program, the first three programs are conducted at the institute while the last part is conducted by the Population Council.
How to Apply for Population Council's Social Science Fellowship:
Selections are made on the following grounds:
- Candidate�s academic achievements should be excellent.
- The passionate enthusiasm to create novel and innovative mechanism that could solve the problems in population, health and hygiene and other related social science issues.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who will be recommended by the 3 special jury who are erudite scholars also.
Contact Address :
Population Council�s Social Science Fellowship:
Policy Research Division
1 Dag Hammarskjold Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Email: [email protected]
Scholarship Website: www.popcouncil.org
Other Scholarships in International