Norwegian Govt. Scholarships from External Scholarship Division is also known as NORAD Fellowship which is provided by the External Scholarship Division of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt of India. This scholarship is granted to those candidates who wanted to go for M.A degrees from Norway Institute. This department arranges numbers of international scholarships from foreign government to Indian students.
The main subjects or field which are covered under this scholarship includes
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Hydro power Development
- International fisheries development
- Petroleum geo science and engineering.
Eligibility criteria for Norwegian Govt. Scholarships from External Scholarship Division:
- Candidates applying for the scholarship must be between the ages of 25 to 35.
- Candidates should be the resident of India.
- Candidates who wanted to carry their further studies for post graduation must obtain 60%marks in graduation.
- Candidates who are interested for M.phil course should have secure 60%marks in graduation along with the course work which should be minimum about one and a half year in the respective subject or may be related to some issues with regard to development. They should have good knowledge about English and had qualified for the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Candidates should have 2 to 3 years of experience in the respective field.
- Candidates should enclose a description regarding the project of research work in Norway.
The duration of the scholarship is the period of 4 semesters.
Benefits for Norwegian Govt. Scholarships from External Scholarship Division
- Candidates who are graduates are provided with 1000 euro per month as compared to post graduate candidates or PhD students are provided with 1400 euro per month.
- Candidates who are staying for long will be granted 900 to 1300 euro per month in order to cover their initial expenses.
- Candidates are not provided with additional amount to support their family, but he himself has to arrange the residence for the family.
- Candidates are also not provided with to and fro travel costs. They have to bear travel expenses of their own.
Application procedure for Norwegian Govt. Scholarships from External Scholarship Division
Candidates should have application in the typed form along with the attested copies of educational documents along with the program of study with passport size photograph and other necessary documents should be submitted on prescribed format on specified date. Applications which are sent in advance cannot take in consideration. Session will always start in the month of august.
Summary for Norwegian Govt. Scholarships from External Scholarship Division
Norwegian Govt. Scholarships from External Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human resource Research and Development, Govt to India is granted to those Indian candidates who are interested for Post graduate course along with M.phil course from Norway institute. This department is specializing in providing international scholarship to Indian students.
The main subjects or field covering this scholarship includes Electrical Power Engineering, Hydro power Development along with International fisheries development, Petroleum geo science and engineering. Candidates who are applying for this scholarship must have secure 60% marks in graduations and should be below 40 years along with the good knowledge of English.
Candidates get the notification regarding scholarship in the employment news or leading news papers in the month of September and October. The nominations of the scholarship should be sent by 31st January.
Candidates are provided with a fixed amount per month which will cover the food expenses along with housing and other requirements and are also provided with grants for a half month which is for woolen and warm clothing and also for fee deposits.
Application should be send along with all the necessary documents to the concerned address mentioned in the application form on the before the specified date.