Degree in abroad.
Andrew W Mellon
Fellowships,Council on Library and Information Resources
Andrew W Mellon Fellowships sponsors the Mellon Fellowships for Dissertation Research in Original Sources which is administered by The Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) with an aim to provide original sources to the budding scholars for their field in humanities and other related social science fields. It also provides financial assistance to the dissertation writers who want to peruse their writing with original sources. The fund emphasizes on encouraging more extensive and innovative use of original sources present in library, repositories, museum, and historical societies in the U.S. and abroad and how they can easily access the resources in the future.
Eligibility for the Mellon Fellowships for Dissertation Research Original Sources:
- Candidate can be of any race, religion, color, gender, community, and nation.
- Candidate should be armed with a post graduate degree and willing to pursue his doctoral degree in U. S. in the field in humanities.
- Candidate should be officially enrolled in a doctoral program in U.S.
- Candidate should be competent to complete his dissertation during the award period.
Value of Scholarship:
- Availability of original sources helps the scholars to conduct research from more pragmatic point of view.
- Scholars get an opportunity to acquire relevant skill and creative knowledge from original sources like manuscripts, documents, records maps, blue prints, drawings, original artwork, artifacts, photographs, films, audio visual materials etc from libraries, museums, digital sources, archives, historical societies, and related repositories etc.
- The main aim of CLIR is to provide financial assistance to the scholars to conduct research with original sources and encourage them to take full advantage of the resources provided.
- Every year 15 deserving candidates get the benefit of Mellon Fellowship.
- Scholars are offered an award of $2,000per month for a period of 9-12 months.
- Scholars are given an aid of $1,000 for taking part on the research in symposium in original sources.
- Scholars are given an award of $25,000 maximum when they submit a report that is acceptable to CLIR on research experience.
- The expenses that incur on conducting research work and the stipend are included in the award.
The deadline for the submission of application is 15th November and 1st of February every year. The official notification is posted on the website.
How to Apply - Mellon Fellowships for Dissertation Research Original Sources:
A special committee of scholars in the humanities, archivist, and special- collections librarians select the candidate from different field of the humanities and related social science from the candidates who demonstrate quality in the research proposals. The proposal should be original and creative, demonstrate the importance of the proposed dissertation. It should also reflect the competence of the applicant for proposed research and the duration required for completing the specified project.
Director of Programs
Andrew W Mellon Foundation
1755,Massachusetts Avenue NW
Suite 500,Washington,DC 20036
Phone : 202-939-4750
Other Scholarships in International