Certification and other training in abroad.
Reproductive health-care and population.
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) and the National Institute on Aging (NIA) fund the Population Studies Center of University of Michigan. The centre offers 53 specialized demographic courses to the students in sociology, health behavior& health education, education etc. USAID and its 4,000 members work every day to help the citizens and communities in more than 80 countries of the world. The aim of Michigan Population Fellows Program is to provide knowledge and education that could develop and enhance the professional career of the scholars in the field of reproductive health-care and population
Eligibility for the University of Michigan Population Fellows Program:
- Candidate should be a citizen of nation.
- In some cases language proficiency is also required.
- Candidate should have excellent academic achievements.
- Technical skill and past experience is also considered.
Value of Scholarship:
- POPF provides technical assistance to the scholars who want to join the organizations of developing countries in the area of family planning, reproductive health and other relevant areas.
- The program provides a chance to gain practical knowledge and experience required in their field.
- Candidate gets a chance to enhance his/her skills, broaden perspective which is necessary in his/her profession career whether it is home country or host country.
Duration of scholarship
The scholarship is awarded for a period of 2 years but can be extended up to 4 years in exceptional cases.
How to Apply University of Michigan Population Fellows Program:
- The experts of eight leading universities and NGO’s form a Program Advisory Board, selects the candidates on the basis of academic excellence, technical expertise, and personnel experience
- The representatives of G/PHN and all regional bureaus form the Inter- bureau personnel committee makes selection of the candidates of USAID.
Contact Address - University of Michigan Population Fellows Program:
03 East Mount Royal Avenue, 2B
Baltimore, Maryland 21202 USA
Scholarship Website of POPF: www.jhuhcsfp.org