Degree in abroad.
Scholarship Field :
Foreign Service of the U. S. Department of States.
Charles b Rangel International Affairs Program.
The Charles B Rangel International Affairs Program founded the Charles B International Affairs Graduate Fellowships. The foundation came into being by the joined collaboration of the Howard University and the U. S. department. The ethos of the foundation was to rejuvenate the interest of promising young generation in the career in the Foreign Service of the U. S Department of State. Through the Rangel Program the foundation aims to provide financial assistance to those intelligent and stupendous aspirants, who belong to minority groups historically underrepresented and financially weak group, who wish to serve their country by choosing their career as diplomats in the Foreign Services of the U. S. Department of State.
Eligibility for Charles B Rangel International Affairs Graduate Fellowship:
- Applicant should be a permanent legal resident of U. S.
- Applicant should have excellent academic achievements and GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant have completed his/her undergraduation or in the senior year of undergraduation degree by June 2011 to pursue his/her graduation degree.
- Applicant should be interested in promoting peace and stability around the world which is the sole motto of U. S.
- Applicant should not be involved in drug or alcohol abuse, delinquency in repaying debts or other evidence of financial irresponsibility.
- Applicant should be medically fit
Value of Scholarship
- Through the Rangel Program the student gets an opportunity to develop professional development required for a lustering career.
- Student gets a chance to enhance his/her skills, talent, knowledge, and perceptive about U. S Foreign Policy.
- The deserving candidate gets an award of $28,000 maximum annually which covers tuition fees, compulsory fees, room rent, boarding charge, and cost of books.
- After completing two years program the candidate will be granted a degree by a graduate or professional school recognized by the Ralph J Bunche International Affairs Center in international affair or any other area related to the requirement of work of the Foreign Service
- Candidates will receive appointments as Foreign Service Officer after successfully completing the program and qualifying Foreign Services entry requirements
Duration for Charles B Rangel International Affairs Graduate Fellowship:
Scholars can avail the Rangel Program scholarship for a period of two years.
Deadline for Application:
Application for the Charles B Rangel Fellowship program should reach the office by the 25th of January.
How to Apply for Charles B Rangel International Affairs Graduate Fellowship:
A panel of experts who have experience in the U. S. Foreign services and academia takes part in the selection. Preference will be given to the candidates who will demonstrate outstanding leadership skill, extracurricular, excellent academic achievements along with unblemished character and medical fitness. The candidate’s community will also be considered during the selection process
The online application should include:
- A resume and a statement explaining the applicant’s interest in international affairs and how this program will assist him/her.
- Mailed copies of application to Howard University and applicant’s college or universities official transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation and proof of U. S. citizenship.
Charles b Rangel International Affairs Program
Ralph J. Bunche International Affairs Center
2218 6th St. NW, Washington DC 20059
Other Scholarships in International