: Degree in abroad, research in abroad.
: Biomedical Engineering
: Whitaker Foundation.
No. of Scholarship
: Out of hundreds of applicants only 50-60 eligible candidates get the opportunity be a part of Whitaker International Fellowship Program.
Duration of Scholarship
: Minimum period could be one academic semester or maximum for two years, but typically one academic year
The Whitaker Foundation was created and funded by U. A. Whitaker upon his death in 1975. Earlier Foundation supported medical research with a focus on biomedical engineering in America but in 2006 the Foundation planned to focus on strengthening international collaborative links between young talented and diligent leaders in BME worldwide. Foundation has contributed more than $700 million to support faculty research in universities and medical school, graduate students, and development of program and construction of faculties. The Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program aspires to bring international experience and insight to the field of biomedical engineering
Grant of Tuition reimbursement: Candidate receives an award of 15,000 $ Maximum in the scholarship program.
Eligibility for the Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program:
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in biomedical engineering by the start of fellowship period.
- Candidate should have received his/her recent degree within three years of the proposed date.
- Candidate should have a U. S. citizenship or a permanent legal resident of U.S.
- Candidate should have language proficiency of the host country at the time of departure to successfully complete the project.
Value of Scholarship:
- The Scholarships of Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program are given to the candidates who want an opportunity to develop and expand their interest and talent in the career of Biomedical Engineering
- Scholars will get the benefit of Health and Accident Insurance.
- Scholars will get living stipend on monthly basis up to the accomplishment of program. The amount of stipend depends on the experience of the candidate and other necessary expenses in the other country.
- Scholars will get a chance to conduct research at an overseas academic institution.
- Scholars will get international airfares from the institute during the program.
How to Apply Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program:
- Candidates will be selected by the experts of the Whitaker Program Review Committee.
- Candidate should send a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Candidate should submit at least three letters of reference.
- Preference will be given to the candidates who has received a nomination letter from the dean of a school or chair of the biomedical engineering from which he/she has obtained his/her doctoral degree.
- Candidate has to submit a Letter of Support from an in-country host institution or supervisor.
Contact Address Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program
Mr. Vijay Renaganathan
Phone: 212 984 5442
Scholarship Website :www.whitakerawards.org/home.html;
Other Scholarships in International