School study in India.
Respective fields of study.
Indian national science academy.
Eligibility Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana:
- A minimum of 75% marks in science subjects in 12th Board examination and choice of Undergraduate science programmes for students who appeared for the year's 12th Board examination or equivalent
- A minimum aggregate of 75% marks in 10th Board examination or equivalent and choice of science subjects at +2 for students who appeared for the year's 10th Board examination or equivalent
- Medicine Students completing 2nd year MBBS/ BVSc/ BDS with 1st class or equivalent in the first 2 years and a definite interest in research
- Students representing India in International Science Olympiads of the year will automatically qualify Engineering Students completing 2nd year BE/ BTech with 1st class or equivalent in the first 2 years and a definite interest in research
Duration of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana:
- Science: XI standard/equivalent up to completion of MSc
- Engineering: 3rd year B.E./ BTech up to the completion of ME./ MTech
- Medicine: 3rd year MBBS/ BVSc/ BDS till its completion
Value of scholarship
- Rs.2000 pm (10th &12th standard)
- Rs.3000 pm (after 12th up to the completion of MSc)
Engineering: Rs.3000 pm
Medicine: Rs 3000 pm
Contingency Grant Science:
- Rs.4000 pa (10th &12th standard)
- Rs.6000 pa (after 12th up to the completion of MSc)
Engineering: Rs.6000 pa
Medicine: Rs.6000 pa
For additional incentives provided to KVPY Fellows see www.dst.gov.in
How to Apply Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana:
- Selection Procedure Selection involves an aptitude test and interview for candidates from the science stream. Performance in research project and interview is evaluated for engineering and medicine students.
- Applications on the prescribed application forms must be accompanied by the recommendation of the candidate's teacher and a research project specifically undertaken for the purpose for candidates from engineering and medical streams.
- Deadline as per the notification.
- Notification & Deadline July/ August of each year.
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS PROVIDED BY: INDIAN NATIONAL SCIENCE ACADEMY
The Executive Secretary,
Indian National Science Academy,
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi-110 002.
Tel. No: 011-23221931-50 (20 lines)
Other Scholarships in India