Degree in India, Research in India.
The Indian Council of Medical Research.
Eligibility Indian Council of Medical Research Junior Research Fellowships:
- Applicants who wish to avail the Fellowship must give the national level examination conducted by the ICMR for eligibility.
- Out of a total Fellowship award of 150, 120 Fellowships are for research work in the fields of Biomedical Sciences with primary focus on Life Sciences.
- The remaining 30 Fellowships are given out for social science subjects like psychology, sociology, home science, statistics, anthropology and social work.
- Applicants must either have an M.Sc . or M.A. with a minimum of 55% marks for applicants in the general category. For OBC,SC/ST and disabled students the minimum mark is 50%.
- Applicants appearing for the eligibility test should not be more than 28 years of age. This age limit is 33 years in case of SC/ST, physically handicapped and female applicants. For applicants in the OBC category the maximum age is 31 years.
Duration For Indian Council of Medical Research Junior Research Fellowships:
- In the initial period, the Fellowship will be for a period of 3 years.
- The total period of the Fellowship will not be more than a period of 5 years under any circumstance
- After a Junior Fellow successfully completes 2 years of research work, his status can be elevated to that of a Senior Fellow on the basis of a favorable recommendation.
How to Apply Indian Council of Medical Research Junior Research Fellowships:
- The names of successful applicants in the all India examination conducted by the ICMR are intimated to them by post and also published in the Employment Newspaper.
- The notice for admission is published in all leading dailies along with detailed instructions.
- The list of successful applicants also appears on the ICMR website.
Value of Scholarships:
- For the initial 3 years, the monetary grant under the Fellowship is Rs.8,000/- per month
- For the initial 3 years, the yearly contingency allowance under the Scheme would be a maximum of Rs.7, 500.
- On expiry of 2 years, the Junior Research Fellow’s stipend may become Rs.9,000/- for the 3rd year based on the candidate receiving a favorable performance review. The candidate then becomes a Senior Research Fellow or SRF.
- If a Junior Research Fellow fails to get a favorable review, he does not become a Senior Research Fellow. Therefore, he continues to get a stipend of Rs.8, 000/- per month even for the 3rd year, provided that his Fellowship does not get terminated.
Indian Council of Medical Research
New Delhi - 110029,India
Phone: 011- 26588895, 26588980,26589794, 26589336, 26588707
Fax: 011- 26588662, 26588713