Certification and other training in abroad.
Administered by the National Research Council since 1979, the main aim of Ford Foundation is to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity. Foundation also emphasizes on importance of increasing the numbers of professors who wish to use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students .Ford Foundation supports the scholars who are interested in the analysis and creation of science and technology and want to materialize it in the future for the honor of future generation and pride to choose career in teaching in their future.
Eligibility for the Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowship:
- Applicant should be a permanent U. S citizen but caste, creed, origin, color, and gender is not an impediment
- Ford foundation Diversity Fellowship grants for predoctoral, dissertation and postdoctoral study to graduate student of science, engineering, medical, veterinary, business, and law.
- Applicant should not already have a doctoral degree.
- Applicant should have a superior academic achievement that is he/she should have achieved a GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- Applicant has to qualify a national competition to achieve this award
- Applicant should have enthusiasm and seriousness to develop and expand their interest and talent in the career in teaching and research at college and university level in the future.
Value of Scholarship:
- Candidate gets an opportunity to receive training under the mentorship of a senior fellow or experts in the field of science, engineering and medical.
- Candidate gets an opportunity to conduct research in the field of his/her interest in science, engineering and medical.
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships provides its candidates a golden opportunity to take part in the activities of Marian Koshland Science Museum.
- The candidates of predoctoral fellowship get an annual stipend of $20,000.
- The candidates of postdoctoral fellowship get the stipend of $40,000.
- The candidates who avail dissertation fellowships get the stipend amount of $21,000.
Duration of Scholarship - Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships:
The tenure of fellowship program of predoctoral candidates start in September and they have to attend it full-time for the first academic year. After completing the first year recipient gets the privilege of completing the remaining two year program in the next four years. Recipient has to complete the program in five years. The tenure of postdoctoral and dissertation fellowship is no less than 9 months and no more than 12 months.
How to Apply Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships:
Candidate should submit his/her personal information, contact information, educational background mentioning the names of all post- secondary institutions attended, years attended, degree received, list of honors, fellowships, employment and publications. Application should also mention the plan of graduate study and research and the applicant’s career goals with the statement of previous research.
Deadline of Application:
- Online application deadline for dissertation fellowship is 8th November and the announcement of award will be in April.
- Online application deadline for predoctoral fellowship is 1st November and the announcement of award will in April.
- Online application deadline for doctoral fellowship is 8th November and the announcement of award will in April.
Contact Address of Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships:
The National Academies
500 Fifth Street NW, 5th floor,Washington, DC 20001
Other Scholarships in International