Degree in abroad, research in abroad.
Scientific and Technical studies.
The Association for Women in Sciences (AWIS)
The Association for Women in Science initiated The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) pre-doctoral in 1971and later in 1974 The AWIS Education Foundation was formed. Dr. Estelle Ramey, the then president of AWIS played a major contribution in its establishment by donating some of her hard earned money. The aim of AWIS is to offer awards to women so that they can have the privilege of recognition in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and spout into the power of already established community of women in national and local platform. Endowment to help women to choose career in STEM is given by members, sponsors, colleagues, friends, and family. STEM has gratitude tout of more than 5,000 members, spread across 50 chapters in the country. STEM gives about 25 awards of $500 or $1,000 annually, totaling about $15,000 to$20,000 every year.
Eligibility for Association for Women in Science (AWIS) - pre-doctoral awards:
- Only females are allowed to apply for ATIS awards.
- Candidate should be armed with a graduate degree.
- Candidate should be applying for an AWIS awards for the first time.
- Candidate should be enrolled in a degree program in one of the STEM fields.
- Candidate should be either an American citizen or campus student of a college or university of U.S.
- Candidate should be interested in expanding her career in teaching or research in science
Value of Scholarship
- The ethos of AWIS it to provide value and resources that is vital for a successful career.
- Those who are enrolled in the STEM program gets an opportunity to conduct research on an advanced level in the field in science and technology.
- The foundation grants include tuition fees, buying books, conducting research work, registration and publication expenses and other necessary living expenses.
- Scholarships of AWIS are given under the names of
- Amy lutz Rechel scholarship is awarded to top graduates students in plant biology.
- Luise Meyer- Schutzmeister scholarship is awarded to top scorers in physics.
- Ruth Satter scholarship is awarded to those whose education has been interrupted for a period of at least three years due to family problem.
- Diane H Russell scholarship is awarded to deserving and brilliant students in biochemistry or pharmacology.
Duration for Association for Women in Science (AWIS) - pre-doctoral awards
The tenure for the completion of program is two and a half years.
How to Apply for Association for Women in Science (AWIS) - pre-doctoral awards
- Applicant has to submit a resume or curriculum vitae.
- A precise and concise document of research plan.
- Candidate has to submit two letters of reference for her predoctoral award.
- Every department gives the examination for the evaluation of the candidate to award the AWIS scholarship except for Ruth Satter scholarship.
Association for women in Science
1200 New York Ave., NW, Suite 650
Washington, DC 20005
Scholarship Website: <www.awis.org>