Home »  Exams in India »  Entrance Exams in India »  CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design)
CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design)
The Ministry of Human Resources Development is responsible for conducting CEED exam. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) will be holding the exam over centers spread across major cities in India.
Purpose of the CEED Exam
CEED exam is conducted to select students for various design related courses I top institutes of India like IIT’s and ISC. The exam will test a candidate’s
- Aptitude for design.
- Visual perception ability
- Drawing skills,
- Logical reasoning
- Creativity and
- Communication skills.
It helps to qualify in the following postgraduate Programs:
Master of Design Programs
- IIT Guwahati M.Des.
- IIT Delhi: M.Des. in Industrial Design
- IIT Bombay: M.Des. in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction design and Mobility and Vehicle Design
In some of the above institutes Ph D Programs is also available.
Eligibility Criteria for CEED Exam
Candidates with following educational qualification are eligible to write the CEED exam
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture / Interior Design/ Design/ Engineering, or equivalent
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent)
- B.F.A. (4 year professional programme, after 10+2)
- G.D. Art (5 year programme after 10th) with one year professional experience
- Master’s degree in Science /Arts /Computer Applications
A Candidate can appear ay number of times and there is no age limit too.
How to Apply
Forms can be submitted online .Follow the link given in this page
Cost of Application Form
The application fee cost Rs 950/- (475/- for SC/ST/PD applicants).It is not refundable. There are two modes of payment. You may choose anyone of them
- SBI Cash Voucher: after filling the form through any SBI branch a SBI Cash Voucher is generated with the Printout. It contains candidates name and other details. This will help to make the payment through any SBI Branch within India. Make sure to enclose the IITB copy of the cash voucher.
- Demand Draft: a DD is issued in favour of ‘IIT Bombay’, payable at Mumbai. Enter the DD details while filling the form. The draft should be valid at least for six months.
How to fill the Form
Applicants should read the instructions very carefully before filling the Form. Candidate should cross check that all the information’s entered is correct and then click on the submit button. After submission of the form no changes can be made. Save & Continue later option can be used in case of some problems. Few steps which will guide you are as follows
- Click ‘ONLINE Application’ on CEED ONLINE Application Homepage.
- Give your Registration ID and click ‘Fill Form’.
- Carefully enter your personal details, choice of examination, centre and mode of payment
- If your mode of payment is by Demand Draft then give its details.
- Printout can be obtained by clicking the option ‘Print Form’ only after ‘Submit Finally’ option is clicked.
- The Printout has all the information filled in by the candidate along with the details of mode of payment. It also gives the Application Number.
- Online Application 3rd week of Sept to 3rd week of Oct
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Printout at the GATE Office IIT Bombay 1st week of November
- Dispatch of Admit Cards starts from 3rd week of December
- Date of Exam is 2nd week of January
- Declaration of Result 4th week of March
The CEED Exam Structure
The candidates have to appear for a three hours exam without break. Reporting time is at least half an hour before the exam. Seating arrangement will be informed through notice board. Candidate has to bring his/her own pencils and other drawing materials. Question paper will be in English. No specific guide or preparations is required to appear in test Exams consist of two parts.
- Creative ability test
- Visual perception to determine visual sensitivity and imagination.
- Ability to comprehend and summarize a given passage in English
- Written Communication
- Ability to express precisely one’s thoughts on a given topic.
Scoring and Negative Marking
Multiple choice questions will be given. Every correct answer will fetch you full marks and wrong answer will reduce 1/4th of the total marks given to that question. Mark your answers in blue or black ball point pens.
The best thing a student can do is to start from the beginning. Since portion is vast it has to be done with great concentration. It is good if students join some coaching centers as it will help to become more familiar with all the portions. Those who wish to study by themselves can buy guide books.
Language of the Question Papers
Applicants have the option to write in Hindi or English. The language should be mentioned in the admission form. It can’t be reversed later.
CEED Exam Centers
Coaching Centers for CEED Exam
Some of the coaching centers in our country are:
- Brilliant Tutorials
- Career Forum Private Limited
- Career Launcher
- Career Point
- Eureka Academy
How and Where To Get the Results
GATE Office, IIT Bombay declares the result. In case of any dispute or claim in respect of CEED, the Courts and Tribunals in Mumbai shall have the jurisdiction to settle them. Results will be mailed only to those who qualify. Candidate’s information and results will be shared with the concerned design programmes, and used for statistical purposes.
The Score Card has a validity of two years from the date of declaration of results. Normally duplicate score cards are not issued. In case a candidate needs a duplicate copy, he has to send an application to IIT, Mumbai along with a DD for Rs 300 payable at Mumbai.
Institutions that Accept the CEED Score
- IISc Bangalore, CPDM
- IIT Bombay, IDC
- IIT Delhi, Industrial Design Programme
- IIT Guwahati, Department of Design
- IIT Kanpur, Design Programme
Rules for Reservation
Reservation SC/ST/OBC categories or handicapped shall be applicable as per the rules of the Indian Government/State concerned. It may be changed from time to time.
Other Competitive Exams Archive
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- NET (National Eligibility Test)
Other Entrance Exams in India Archive
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
- The Sainik School Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medicl Education And Research ( Jipmer)
- Actuarial Science Entrance Examination
- Entrance Exam In Aviation And Pilot
- Chartered Financial Analyst Entrance Examination
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam,Vellore
- Mass Media and Mass Communication Exam
- National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences 2012 MBBS Admissions 2012
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical UG CET 2012
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- Manipal (ENAT) Entrance Exam - 2012
- Travel And Tourism Entrance Examination
- Civil Service Entrance Examination
- Saveetha University Entrance Examination
- Santosh University Entrance Examination
- PMCA Bihar Private Medical Colleges Association Combined Entrance Test
- Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Exam 2012
- Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association Entrance Examination
- All India Dental & Medical Admission Test
- Annamalai University B.Sc.Entrance Exam
- Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Vadodara Entrance Examination
- Vinayaka Mission University AICEE Entrance Exam
- Tripura Medical College Entrance Examination
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test
- NIMS University Entrance Examination
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Entrance Test
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Examination
- Bharath University Entrance Examination
- KLE University-All India Entrance Test
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Medical Entrance Examination
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Datta Meghe Institute Of Medicl Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Meenakshi University Entrance Examination
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Amrita University MCA Entrance Exam
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Medical Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Management and Technology Entrance Exam
- Asia pacific institute of management entrance exam
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Exam
- B.K School of Business Management Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)
- Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
- FORE School of Management Entrance Exam
- Goa Institute of Management Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Entrance Exam
- Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test
- Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business Exam
- Institute of Management Development and Research Entrance Exam
- International Management Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management entrance exam
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam
- Karunya School of Management Entrance Exam
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Management Entrance Exam
- Mumbai Business School Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Bank Management Entrance Exam
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Entrance Exam