Home »  Exams in India »  Entrance Exams in India »  CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design)
CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design)
On behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India - Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is conducted by the Indian Institute of technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay). Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is an all India examination. CEED assess the candidates drawing skills, design aptitude, visual perception ability and communication skills. Common entrance examination is the qualifying examination for admission to below Post Graduate courses:
1. Master of Design Programme
- IISc Bangalore: M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering*
- IIT Bombay: M.Des. in Industrial Design/ VisualCommunication/ Animation/ Interaction Design or Mobility and Vehicle Design.
- IIT Delhi: M.Des. in Industrial Design
- IIT Guwahati: M.Des. in Design
- IIT Kanpur: M.Des. in Industrial Design*
- IIITDM Jabalpur: M.Des. Programme*
2. Ph.D Programmes in Design in IISc Bangalore and IIT Bombay.
*GATE qualified candidates will also be considered for admission to these programmes.
Eligibility for CEED
Aspirant should either hold/ expecting to complete any of the following undergraduate studies by July (in the year of joining).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Architecture /Design or equivalent in any branch
- Interior Design Professional diploma of CEPT (5 year program)
- BFA (professional course in Applied Art/ Fine Art) GD Art (5 year professional program)
- Professional Diploma of NID
- Masters Degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) and good potentials and aptitude for design.
- Aspirant having 5-year GD Art Degree / Diploma after 10th standard need to have either completed 12th standard examination or have additional one year of working experience.
- Must have a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grades (5.5/10.0 or 2.2/4.0) at Bachelor's Degree/Diploma or Professional courses / Diploma (Minimum 5-year duration) in engineering / Architecture / Design / Fine Arts
There is no age limit and you can take CEED any number of times.
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is an all India examination of three hours without break. Aspirants need to be available at the centre at least half an hour before examination and bring their own stationery.
CEED examination will consist of two parts:
Part A - Test your drawing skills, aesthetic sensibility, creativity, problem identification and your approach to visual and product design.
Part B- Will be mainly objective type which will test your skills in visualization, creativity, design and general awareness, and comprehension.
Examination centers: Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Institutions that accept CEED score
- IISc Bangalore, CPDM
- IIT Bombay, IDC
- IIT Delhi, Industrial design Programme
- IIT Guwahati, Department of design
- IIT Kanpur, Design Programme
As per government of India rules, reservation for various categories will be considered at the time of admission. The criteria for post graduate admission and award of scholarship/ assistance are different in different institutes.
Admission to programmes:
CEED does not guarantee admission into above programmes. In addition to the CEED qualification candidate need to clear the interview of the respective institutions for admission. Notification on admission into postgraduate courses in designs will be announced separately by the different institutes usually in the month of November. For more details or any specific queries on admission and programme of any institute, the candidate should contact the concerned head / convener / coordinator.
Here at studyguideindia we believe in providing precise and valuable information to our readers. If it is your first visit to studyguideindia we assure you that you are on the right place you can find useful information on education. Studyindiaguide provides the best information on education.
Other Competitive Exams Archive
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- NET (National Eligibility Test)
Other Entrance Exams in India Archive
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
- The Sainik School Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medicl Education And Research ( Jipmer)
- Actuarial Science Entrance Examination
- Entrance Exam In Aviation And Pilot
- Chartered Financial Analyst Entrance Examination
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam,Vellore
- Mass Media and Mass Communication Exam
- National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Admissions
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical UG CET
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam
- Manipal (ENAT) Entrance Exam
- Travel And Tourism Entrance Examination
- Civil Service Entrance Examination
- Saveetha University Entrance Examination
- Santosh University Entrance Examination
- PMCA Bihar Private Medical Colleges Association Combined Entrance Test
- Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Exam
- Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association Entrance Examination
- All India Dental & Medical Admission Test
- Annamalai University B.Sc.Entrance Exam
- Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Vadodara Entrance Examination
- Vinayaka Mission University AICEE Entrance Exam
- Tripura Medical College Entrance Examination
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test
- NIMS University Entrance Examination
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Entrance Test
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Examination
- Bharath University Entrance Examination
- KLE University-All India Entrance Test
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Medical Entrance Examination
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Datta Meghe Institute Of Medicl Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Meenakshi University Entrance Examination
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Amrita University MCA Entrance Exam
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Medical Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Management and Technology Entrance Exam
- Asia pacific institute of management entrance exam
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Exam
- B.K School of Business Management Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)
- Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
- FORE School of Management Entrance Exam
- Goa Institute of Management Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Entrance Exam
- Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test
- Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business Exam
- Institute of Management Development and Research Entrance Exam
- International Management Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management entrance exam
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam
- Karunya School of Management Entrance Exam
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Management Entrance Exam
- Mumbai Business School Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Bank Management Entrance Exam
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Entrance Exam