Civil Service Entrance Examination
Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC by every year in 3 stages.
- CSP – Civil Service Preliminary Examinations – during second half of May
- Main – Civil service Examination, during the month of October / November. Those who are selected in the preliminary examination only one eligible to appear.
- Interview – Those who are selected in the Main Examination will be eligible to appear before the Interview board at New Delhi.
Priliminary Examination (cip)
(2 COMPULSORY PAPERS)
|Paper I||(Each 2 hours duration)||Paper II|
|General Studies||Multiple choice Question
|Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAI)|
A new syllabus is introduced for Civil Service Apptitude Test (CSAT) in the place of Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination.
In CSAT, one of the optional subjects which a candidate could have chosen out of 23 optional has been replaced will common paper on Aptitude Test.
(I Stage of Civil Service Exams)
PAPER – I      200 Marks      Duration : 2 hours
- Current events of National and Interrelated Importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – physical, social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – constitution, political system, panchayat Raj, public policy, Rights, Issues etc.
- Economic and social Development – sustainable Development , poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiation etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio Diversity and climate changes that do not require subject specialization
- General science.
PAPER II      200 MARKS      Duration : 2 hours
- Interprovisional skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Reason making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic Numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitudes etc), - (class X level), Date Interpretation. (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc – class X level)
- English language, comprehension skills ( class X level)
- Questions relating to English language comprehension skills of class X ( last item in the syllabus of Paper II) will be tested through passages from English language ony without providing Hindi Translation through in question paper.
Only those who are declared qualified by UPSC. In the preliminary Examination in a year, are eligible for the Main Examination of that year, provided they are otherwise eligible for the Main Examination
Application Procedure : Stated in the Preliminary Exam
Structure of the Exam
|1)||Two optional subjects (2 papers each 300 marks) 4*300||1200|
|2)||One general studies (2 papers each 300 marks) 2*300||600|
|3)||One essay (200 marks) 1*200 = 200||200|
Objective of the Main Exam
The main examination is meant to assess the overall intellectual abilities and the depth of understanding of the candidates. Mere knowledge of information and capacity of memory may not be sufficient. Enough choice for choosing the questions will be given.
Name Of The Optional Subjects For The Main Examinations (Duration 3 Hrs)
- Animal husbandry and veterinary sciences
- Civil engineering
- Commerce and accountancy
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Medical sciences
- Political science and international relations
- Public administration
Not Permissible Combinations
The following combinations among the optional subjects are not permitted to be chosen by the candidates.
- Political science & international relations and public administrations
- Commerce and management
- Anthropology and sociology
- Maths and statistics
- Agriculture & animal husbandry and veterinary science
- Management and public administration
- Animal husbandry & veterinary science and medical science
- Any two branches of engineering
- Combination of two literatures
- Two folds vacancies are called to appear before UPSC board.
- The total marks for 16 interviews is 300 marks
- Interviews calls are sent on the basis of minimum marks fixed by UPSC board
- The overall ranking is done based on the main exam(2000 marks) and interview (300 marks). So the total marks for ranking is 2300 marks.
- Qualifying examination : preliminary exam
- Main exam : 2000 marks
- Interview : 300 marks
- Total 2300 marks
Candidates are allotted various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and preferences given by them in the main application form.
if a person fails in either in mains or interviews, he/she has to appear once again from the preliminary stage.
Other Entrance Exams in India Archive
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
- The Sainik School Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medicl Education And Research ( Jipmer)
- Actuarial Science Entrance Examination
- Entrance Exam In Aviation And Pilot
- Chartered Financial Analyst Entrance Examination
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam,Vellore
- Mass Media and Mass Communication Exam
- National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences 2012 MBBS Admissions 2012
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical UG CET 2012
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- Manipal (ENAT) Entrance Exam - 2012
- Travel And Tourism Entrance Examination
- Civil Service Entrance Examination
- Saveetha University Entrance Examination
- Santosh University Entrance Examination
- PMCA Bihar Private Medical Colleges Association Combined Entrance Test
- Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Exam 2012
- Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association Entrance Examination
- All India Dental & Medical Admission Test
- Annamalai University B.Sc.Entrance Exam
- Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Vadodara Entrance Examination
- Vinayaka Mission University AICEE Entrance Exam
- Tripura Medical College Entrance Examination
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test
- NIMS University Entrance Examination
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Entrance Test
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Examination
- Bharath University Entrance Examination
- KLE University-All India Entrance Test
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Medical Entrance Examination
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Datta Meghe Institute Of Medicl Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Meenakshi University Entrance Examination
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Amrita University MCA Entrance Exam
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Medical Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Management and Technology Entrance Exam
- Asia pacific institute of management entrance exam
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Exam
- B.K School of Business Management Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)
- Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
- FORE School of Management Entrance Exam
- Goa Institute of Management Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Entrance Exam
- Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test
- Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business Exam
- Institute of Management Development and Research Entrance Exam
- International Management Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management entrance exam
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam
- Karunya School of Management Entrance Exam
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Management Entrance Exam
- Mumbai Business School Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Bank Management Entrance Exam
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Entrance Exam