National Eligibility Test
National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC). The first National Eligibility Test (NET) was conducted by University Grants commission in December 1989 and in March 1990 commonly to both Lectureship and Junior Research fellowship in two parts. National Eligibility Test is generally conducted twice a year in the month of June and December. NET analyzes the eligibility for lectureship and award of junior research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian, to ensure minimum standards of teaching.
NET is conducted in Humanities (including Languages), Forensic Science, Social Science, Computer Science and application, Environmental Science and Electronic Science. The UGC-CSIR NET for other science subjects such as Life sciences, Physical sciences, Chemical sciences, Mathematical sciences and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and planetary sciences are conducted by Council of scientific and industrial Research (CSIR) jointly with UGC.
The aspirants who desire to pursue research, a junior Research Fellowship program of five years duration is available which is subject to fulfillment of certain condition. For the aspirants who qualify the test for JRF, a number of fellowships to the universities for the qualified aspirants are allocated by UGC. In NET the meritorious aspirants among qualified aspirants will be awarded with JRFs. The aspirant who opts for JRF in their application form will be available for then only.
Schedule for National Eligibility Test (NET)
National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted twice a year in the month of June and December. The notification for the respective examination (June and December) will be issued nation wide via employment news in the month of March and September respectively.
National Eligibility Test (NET) for Science Subjects
The UGC-CSIR NET for the science subjects such as Life sciences, Physical sciences, Chemical sciences, Mathematical sciences and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and planetary sciences are conducted by Council of scientific and industrial Research (CSIR) jointly with UGC. The notification for the same will be issued separately by Council of scientific and industrial Research (CSIR).
National Eligibility Test (NET) Result Declaration Schedule
The result for June NET will be declared basically in the month of October and December NET in the month of April which will be live on UGC website and the same will be published in the Employment News
Scope of National Eligibility Test (NET)
- Eligibility for Lectureship The aspirants who have done with the National Eligibility Test are eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer in all Indian Universities/Institutes/Colleges.
- Junior Research Fellowship The aspirants who qualify Junior research Fellowship (JRF) Examination of UGC/CSIR NET are also eligible for the post of lectureship. Additionally they are also eligible to receive fellowships (UGC/CSIR) under various schemes subject to the aspirant finding their placement in the universities/IITs/Other national organization .The said offer will be valid for two years w.e.f the date of issue of JRF award letter. In case the aspirants had already joined M.Phil/Ph.D the date of commencement of fellowship will be from the date of declaration of NET examination result or date of their joining whichever is later.
Submission of Application Form for UGC-NET.
The procedure for the submission of application forms of UGC-NET will be issued in notification nation wide in Employment new and also will be live on UGC web site basically in the month of March and September.
Non Receipt of NET Certificate
If at all the aspirant doesn’t receive the NET certificate, then they need to get in touch with Head, NET Bureau, UGC, South Campus, University of Delhi, Benito Juarez Marg, New Delhi 110 021. On covering letter they mention the Roll No, the date of UGC-NET in which they have appeared and UGC-Ref No (if known). Incase the aspirant haven’t submitted the supporting document earlier they may do so with the covering letter duly signed by the. The following documents with attestation should be submitted.
- High School/ Higher Secondary school/Matriculation certificates which hold date f birth.
- Master’s Degree/Provisional Certificate.
- Consolidated Mark-Sheet of Master’s Degree courses.
- Caste Certificate (incase one is SC/ST/OBC candidates)
- Certificate of Physical Disability (Incase of Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates)
All the above certificates should be attested by gazetted officer and if the said certificates are in other than Hindi and English language the same should be translated into Hindi and English and should be attested by Issuing authority of original certificates.
Procedure of Issuing the Duplicate Certificates
Incase the original certificate is Loss/ Non receipt of original one new will be issue after submitting below documents.
- An affidavit on a judicial stamp paper duly attested by the competent authority for the loss of the original certificate issued by the UGC mentioning the name of the candidate and particular like Father and Mother name, date of UGC-NET, Roll Number, Subject, Address etc. The candidate must state in the affidavit that in case of his/her discovering the original NET certificate/JRF Award letter, he/she would not misuse it and return it to the NET Bureau.
- A demand draft of Rs. 100/- drawn in favour of the Secretary, University Grants Commission, New Delhi payable at State Bank of India, Service Branch, (Code No. 7687), New Delhi.
An attested Copy of FIR registered at a Police Station. The Attestation stamp of the Class-I gazetted officer must bear his/her name, designation and official address.
Other Competitive Exams in India Archive
- Combined Defense Services Exams
- Combined Medical Services Exams
- Engineering Services Exam
- National Defense Academy Exam
- Indian Forest Services Exam
- Assistants Grade Exam
- Stenographers Exam
- Clerks Grade Exam
- Divisional Accountants Exam
- SSC Combined Matric Preliminary Exams
- IAF Airman Exams
- Indian Navy Sailors Matric Entry Recruitment Exam
- Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers MER Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers Clerks Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers General Duty Exams