Home »  Exams in India »  Entrance Exams in India »  National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
NDA - National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA), is through National Defence Academy Entrance Exam which is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September. NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). A candidate must be an unmarried male. The course of training is for three years.
The candidate is required to give his preference for the service he wishes to join, however the final decision also depends on the rank he secures in the merit list. The candidate should first decide their preference for the two academies i.e. National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (Executive Branch) . If a candidate opts for NDA as his first choice, he has to then give his preferences for the three wings of the NDA i.e. Army, Navy, Air force, followed by his preference for Naval Academy. Alternatively, if he gives his first preference for Naval Academy, he has to follow it with his preference for the three wings of the NDA.
Candidates who desire to join Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as first choice, as they have to be administered pilot aptitude battery test at one of the AFSB and AF Medical at Central Medical Establishment/ Institute of Aviation Medicines.
Eligibility For NDA
(a) Nationality :
A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
A candidate must be an unmarried male and have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age 19 years on the 1st January or 1st of July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
Candidates must not marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
(c) Educational Qualifications :
For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply.
(d) Physical Standards :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination as per guidelines given :
Candidates are advised to rectify minor defects/ailments in order to speed up finalisation of medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB. The undermentioned ailments are considered, common minor ailments :
Wax (Ears), Deviated Nasal Septum, Hydrocele/Phimosis, Overweight/Underweight, Under sized Chest, Piles, Gynaecomastia, Tonsillitis, Varicocele
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board and the procedure for request for an Appeal Medical Board will also be intimated to the candidate.
Candidates declared unfit during Appeal Medical Board will be intimated about the provision of Review Medical Board.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of military duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under weight.The candidate should not be overweight or obese.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. (162.5 cms for Air Force) F
For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1996 are eligible.
Scheme of NDA Entrance Examination
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows :–
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) OF MATHEMATICS AND PART "b" OF GENERAL ABILITY TESTS WILL BE SET BILINGUALLY IN HINDI AS WELL AS English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the examination.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator or Mathematical or logirithmic table for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
|General Ability Test||02||2-½ Hours||600|
Important Dates For NDA
Date of Entrance Examination - 11th August, 2013
Issue of Application forms begins - 4th may, 2013
Last date of issue of application forms - 3rd June 2013
Last date for receiving filled-in applications - 3rd June 2013
Date of Entrance Examination Result - July, 2013
How to Apply For NDA
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
The Online Applications can be filled upto 30th January till 11.59 PM
No other mode is allowed for submission of application.
Contact Details For NDA
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi - 110069
Other Entrance Exams in India Archive
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
- The Sainik School Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medicl Education And Research ( Jipmer)
- Actuarial Science Entrance Examination
- Entrance Exam In Aviation And Pilot
- Chartered Financial Analyst Entrance Examination
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam,Vellore
- Mass Media and Mass Communication Exam
- National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Admissions
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical UG CET
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam
- Manipal (ENAT) Entrance Exam
- Travel And Tourism Entrance Examination
- Civil Service Entrance Examination
- Saveetha University Entrance Examination
- Santosh University Entrance Examination
- PMCA Bihar Private Medical Colleges Association Combined Entrance Test
- Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Exam
- Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association Entrance Examination
- All India Dental & Medical Admission Test
- Annamalai University B.Sc.Entrance Exam
- Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Vadodara Entrance Examination
- Vinayaka Mission University AICEE Entrance Exam
- Tripura Medical College Entrance Examination
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test
- NIMS University Entrance Examination
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Entrance Test
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Examination
- Bharath University Entrance Examination
- KLE University-All India Entrance Test
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Medical Entrance Examination
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Datta Meghe Institute Of Medicl Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Meenakshi University Entrance Examination
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Amrita University MCA Entrance Exam
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Medical Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Management and Technology Entrance Exam
- Asia pacific institute of management entrance exam
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Exam
- B.K School of Business Management Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)
- Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
- FORE School of Management Entrance Exam
- Goa Institute of Management Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Entrance Exam
- Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test
- Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business Exam
- Institute of Management Development and Research Entrance Exam
- International Management Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management entrance exam
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam
- Karunya School of Management Entrance Exam
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Management Entrance Exam
- Mumbai Business School Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Bank Management Entrance Exam
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Entrance Exam