Medical Entrance Exams
If any student wants to make career in the field of Medicine then they have to write a Medical entrance exam. To find out capabilities of the candidates they have to write a Medical entrance which is conducted at the national level. This exam measures whether the candidate is eligible for admission in the different specialized medicine courses or not. Students those who are willing to make a career in this field then they have to appear for the medical entrance examination.
To get admission into medical colleges entrance exam on a national level as well as on a state level basis are conducted. Apart from this, some foremost national level institutions conduct their own entrance examinations. These exams are based on 12th syllabus standard. After completion of 12th standard and getting results then student those who are interested in doing courses in medicine, need to attend the medical entrance exam. This entrance exam is many organized in state level and India level.
The objective of these medical entrance tests is to filter and select the proper candidates for admission in different professional medicine courses available in different medical colleges & hospitals.
How you can Choose Medical Courses
Medical courses are available at different degree levels at diploma, degree, post-diploma, postgraduate degree as well as research level. If any student score well in entrance examination on this basis of his/her score, the student would be placed on such proposal where he / she can choose a number of career options that are available in the field of medicine. In India, there are many medical entrance exams state level and India level and a candidate willing to take admission in any medical college and hospital of the country can choose to appear for any of the medical entrance examination.
You can get the information regarding application forms and last date of submission in leading newspapers of the country and also on the official websites of the conducting boards. For example, announcements for All India Pre-medical Examination usually come in the month of January and the exams are conducted in the months of March or April. In the same way, state level medical entrance examinations are declared in the month of January and are conducted in between March and April. About National level medical institutes are announced in month of January- March and conducted in between May and June.
Any candidate who is willing to write medical entrance exam, he should clear 10+2 or any equivalent examination with a combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology is eligible to appear for the tests.
Pattern of Examination
There are generally two stages for conducting the medical entrance examinations and these are:
Stage-1: Preliminary Examination, which contain objective paper of 3 hours duration. This exam contain around 200 multiple choice type questions from core Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
Stage-2: Final Examination, this is also an objective paper of 3 hours duration. This exam contain around 200 multiple choice questions from science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology and it also comprises Logic & Reasoning, Intelligence and English Language comprehension. All the questions are of equal marks.
There is no particular syllabus as far as the medical entrance test is concerned. However, the questions are generally based on the level of 11th and 12th standards qualified under various boards all over India. The medical entrance examination comprises sections with a wide-ranging coverage of the following sections:
- Logic & Reasoning
- English Language Comprehension
Measurement, Motion, Optics, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Physics of the Atom, Thermodynamics, Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Solids, Nuclear Physics, Electronic Devices.
General & Inorganic Chemistry - Structure of Atom, Molecule and Chemical Bond, Periodic Properties of Elements, Chemistry of Elements and Compounds. Organic Chemistry - Introduction, Nomenclature of organic-compounds, etc. Physical Chemistry - State of Matter, Energetics, Chemical Equilibrium.
Histology, Anatomy and Physiology, Reproductive System, Developmental Biology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution
Anatomy and Physiology of Plants, Systematics, Systems, Man and Environment, Cell Biology-Elementary, Genetics, Development Biology, Botany and Human Welfare.
Selection of the candidates depends on the scores obtained in the written examination. After clearance the Entrance tests, the candidate called for counseling, after that the candidate is given admission in a medical school. When he or she go for admissions, the candidates are request to bring necessary documents like mark sheets, school leaving certificates, age-proof, etc.
List of Medical Entrance Examinations
- All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Exam (AIPMT)
- All-India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam
- All India Common Entrance Examination (AICEE), by Veterinary Council of India
- Armed Forces Medical Core Entrance (AFMC)
- State Medical Entrance Exams
Other Entrance Exams in India Archive
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
- The Sainik School Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medicl Education And Research ( Jipmer)
- Actuarial Science Entrance Examination
- Entrance Exam In Aviation And Pilot
- Chartered Financial Analyst Entrance Examination
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam,Vellore
- Mass Media and Mass Communication Exam
- National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences 2012 MBBS Admissions 2012
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical UG CET 2012
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- Manipal (ENAT) Entrance Exam - 2012
- Travel And Tourism Entrance Examination
- Civil Service Entrance Examination
- Saveetha University Entrance Examination
- Santosh University Entrance Examination
- PMCA Bihar Private Medical Colleges Association Combined Entrance Test
- Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Exam 2012
- Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association Entrance Examination
- All India Dental & Medical Admission Test
- Annamalai University B.Sc.Entrance Exam
- Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Vadodara Entrance Examination
- Vinayaka Mission University AICEE Entrance Exam
- Tripura Medical College Entrance Examination
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test
- NIMS University Entrance Examination
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Entrance Test
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Examination
- Bharath University Entrance Examination
- KLE University-All India Entrance Test
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Medical Entrance Examination
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Datta Meghe Institute Of Medicl Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Meenakshi University Entrance Examination
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Amrita University MCA Entrance Exam
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Medical Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Management and Technology Entrance Exam
- Asia pacific institute of management entrance exam
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Exam
- B.K School of Business Management Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)
- Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
- FORE School of Management Entrance Exam
- Goa Institute of Management Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Entrance Exam
- Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test
- Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business Exam
- Institute of Management Development and Research Entrance Exam
- International Management Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management entrance exam
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam
- Karunya School of Management Entrance Exam
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Management Entrance Exam
- Mumbai Business School Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Bank Management Entrance Exam
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Entrance Exam