Joint Entrance Examination
We are providing all information related to JEE Joint Entrance Examination and how to prepare and know more about IIT and its join entrance exam (JEE) genuine and correct, but we would still persist you to verify them with the apprehensive authorities, the details of which are again provided below.
According through an Act of Parliament, the IIT (Indian Institutes of Technology) are institutions of national significance recognized. These Institutions play a key role in developing technological manpower and conduct research programs. These Institutions are present in Bombay,Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee.
Pattern of JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Exam:
We have two question papers which would consist of three sections on Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Those questions are objective type and planned to test the comprehension and analytical ability of the candidates. The test paper has negative marking for incorrect questions.
The candidates who are interested to join in B.Arch. and B.Des they have to qualify the Aptitude Test which is conducted at each counseling institute and then called for counseling. The test will consist of two papers or two sets and each of two hours from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon, and from 2.00 pm to 4:00 pm. Those candidates who are not qualifying the Aptitude Test will not be eligible for admission in B.Arch. or B.Des Courses. The question papers of aptitude test will be in English only.
Eligibility for IIT JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) / Exam
Below are the list of eligibility and conditions for appearing in JEE (Joint Entrance Examination)
Date of birth:
- Candidate belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must be born on or after October 01, 1985
- For SC, ST and PD categories must be born on or after October 01, 1980
Passing Year for Qualifying Examination (QE):
Candidates must passed the XII standard or any equivalent examination, after 1st October 2008 or in the year 2009 or will be appearing in 2010
Minimum percentage of marks in QE:
- Those candidates who are belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks.
- For SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in collective in the qualifying examination.
You can write or attempt JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Test or Exam only twice, in following years.
After qualifying in JEE Entrance Test, if you have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, then you will not be eligible to write JEE Entrance Test at all.
Reservation Details for JEE (Joint Entrance Examination)Seats:
As per rules of Government of India, candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are:
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Castes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Persons with Physical Disability (PD)
In all IITs institutes 15% & 7.5 % for SC and ST candidates are reserved in each programme. Some candidates belonging to these categories that do not qualify in JEE-2010, may be offered admission to the Preparatory Course of one-year duration provided based on below
- Candidates satisfy minimum norms, and
- Candidates have not undergone the preparatory course earlier.
After successfully completing the preparatory course then they can directly take admission in first year of next academic year. For more details, please refer to the information brochure or IIT websites.
27% seats are reserved for OBC candidates belonging to non-creamy layer in each programme in all the IITs. Those candidates who are belonging to this category are admitted on the basis of a relaxed criterion.
Persons with Disability (PD)
3% seats are reserved in each categories (viz. GE, OBC, SC and ST) for physical disability (PD) candidates, including leprosy cured candidates, and who are otherwise fit to pursue the course are also admitted under relaxed norms.
Two seats from each institute are preferentially allotted to children of defence/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peace time operations (DS) and who qualify in the general category.
How to Apply for IIT JEE (Joint Entrance Examination)?
Any candidate can submit application moreover on-line or off-line through posting application form.
(a) On-line: For on-line submission of applications, please visit any of the official websites given below and carefully follow the instructions before submitting the application. Payment procedure for online fee through credit and debit cards of major banks. Discount available on examination fee for on-line mode is Rs. 450/- for SC/ST/PD/female candidates and Rs. 900/- for all other candidates.
(b) Off-line: A candidate has to buy an application form along with Information Brochure from any one of the designated branches of banks. Fee structure – Rs . 500/- for SC/ST/PD/Female candidates (light green envelope) or Rs. 1000/- for all other candidates (light blue envelope).
The brochure contains details information regarding application procedure, syllabus of JEE, examination centres, courses available at various institutions, counseling, fee structure and other relevant information about JEE-2010
(c) Help-line (only in IIT Madras zone): Those candidates do not have access to computers and internet can also apply on-line by visiting any of the forty approved ‘CMC help-line’ centres distributed all over the IIT Madras zone.
For details visit JEE website or contact CMC office tele – 044-22504500
Joint Entrance Examination Dates
Date of Entrance Examination - 4,10 and 11th April 2015
List of IIT JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Website
- IIT Bombay – http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in
- IIT Delhi – http://jee.iitd.ac.in
- IIT Guwahati – http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee
- IIT Kanpur – http://www.jee.iitk.ac.in
- IIT Kharagpur – http://www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee
- IIT Madras – http://jee.iitm.ac.in
- IIT Roorkee – http://jeeadv.iitk.ac.in
All India helplines from 8 am to 8 pm – 044-42925020 and 21
The Indian Institute of Technologies is:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Chairman, JEE, IIT Bombay, Powai Mumbai -400 076
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
Chairman, JEE, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016
Phone-(011) 26581064, 26582002
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Chairman, JEE, IIT Guwahati, North Guwahati, Guwahati 781 039
Phone-(0361) 2690788, 2582180
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Chairman, JEE, IIT Kanpur - 208 016
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Chairman, JEE, IIT Distt. Midnapur, Kharagpur- 721 302
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
Chairman, JEE, IIT Madras, Chennai 600 036
Phone- (044) 22578098
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Chairman, JEE, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667
Phone-(01332) 279805, 279806
Other Entrance Exams in India Archive
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
- The Sainik School Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medicl Education And Research ( Jipmer)
- Actuarial Science Entrance Examination
- Entrance Exam In Aviation And Pilot
- Chartered Financial Analyst Entrance Examination
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam,Vellore
- Mass Media and Mass Communication Exam
- National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Admissions
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical UG CET
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam
- Manipal (ENAT) Entrance Exam
- Travel And Tourism Entrance Examination
- Civil Service Entrance Examination
- Saveetha University Entrance Examination
- Santosh University Entrance Examination
- PMCA Bihar Private Medical Colleges Association Combined Entrance Test
- Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Exam
- Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association Entrance Examination
- All India Dental & Medical Admission Test
- Annamalai University B.Sc.Entrance Exam
- Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Vadodara Entrance Examination
- Vinayaka Mission University AICEE Entrance Exam
- Tripura Medical College Entrance Examination
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test
- NIMS University Entrance Examination
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Entrance Test
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Examination
- Bharath University Entrance Examination
- KLE University-All India Entrance Test
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Medical Entrance Examination
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Datta Meghe Institute Of Medicl Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Meenakshi University Entrance Examination
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Amrita University MCA Entrance Exam
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Medical Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Management and Technology Entrance Exam
- Asia pacific institute of management entrance exam
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Exam
- B.K School of Business Management Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)
- Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
- FORE School of Management Entrance Exam
- Goa Institute of Management Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Entrance Exam
- Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test
- Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business Exam
- Institute of Management Development and Research Entrance Exam
- International Management Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management entrance exam
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam
- Karunya School of Management Entrance Exam
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Management Entrance Exam
- Mumbai Business School Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Bank Management Entrance Exam
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Entrance Exam