COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT)
Common Admission Test is entrance test for MBA candidates to get admitted in the famous management schools of India. If you want to join in top management institute like IIM then write a Common Admission Test (CAT) which is organized by Indian Institute of Management (IIM) for entrance into various levels of management courses CAT is compulsory entrance examination for several other leading institutes like Kirloskar Institute of Management, Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA) and others.
Common Admission Test (CAT) is an entrance test examination for management schools. Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) conducts this entrance exam for management programmes offered at its seven business schools. As per survey almost 250,000 students took this examination in the year 2008 for around 1500 seats at the IIMs.
Common Admission Test Details
Common Admission Test is a multiple choice objective type with one-fourth negative marking system for every single wrong answer. The exam consists of three sections that cover the arithmetical problems, statistics questions, logical reasoning, geometry, data interpretation questions, and English language capability.
Common Admission (CAT) is basically held in November month on Sunday. The examination duration is 2 1/2hrs and question varies every year and its a jumbling system. The CAT Exam result will be declared in January month. After that based on score or result the interview is scheduled for group discussion followed by a personal interview. This CAT entrance test is defined as the way of Admission into IIMs.
Application Forms for Common Admission Test (CAT)
The aspirants who are interested for CAT exams can get the forms from specified Banks. If you want to register online you can. The application contains all details
related to fee and exam center.
Eligibility Criteria for Common Admission Test (CAT)
- The minimum eligibility for admission into CAT is, the candidate must score least 50% marks at the graduation level.
- Those candidates can also apply for CAT exams who are preparing for the final year graduation. But they have to produce a certificate from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar/Director of the University/institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent in graduation.
- For SC or ST candidate’s margin is 45% marks.
Courses Offered in Common Admission Test (CAT)
Post graduate management courses are as follows...
- IIM Ahmedabad - PGP, PGP-ABM and PGP-PMP
- IIM Bangalore - PGP, PGSEM and PGPPM
- IIM Calcutta - PGP-PGDM and PGP - PGDCM
- IIM Indore - PGP and EPGP
- IIM Kozhikode - PGP
- IIM Lucknow - PGP and PGPABM
- RGIIM Shillong - PGP
- B. Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) (which are equivalent to Ph.D) of IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Indore, IIM Kozhilwde and IIM Lucknow.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
There are four separate sections in the CAT question paper.
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Problem Solving
- Data Interpretation
As we discussed in above the sections include multiple choices questions and they are required to be answered only by using HB pencil on a computer coded answer paper. One-fourth negative marking system is for every single wrong answer.
The four sub sections of Common Admission Test
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Data Interpretation (DI)
- Reading Comprehension (RC)
- Verbal Ability (VA)
Common Admission Test (CAT) Dates
Date of Entrance Examination - 16 November and 22 November, 2014
Issue of Application forms begins - 6th August, 2014
Last date of issue of application forms - 30 September, 2014
Last date for receiving filled-in applications - 30 September, 2014
Date of Entrance Examination Result - Third week of December, 2014
- There is no particular syllabus for CAT exam and purely an aptitude test.
- This test is to test the knowledge and analytical skills of the candidates.
- The syllabus for this entrance test examination changes every year.
- These are main sections from where the questions are likely to come those are verbal ability and reasoning, reading comprehension, quantitative skills, data interpretation and analytical and logical reasoning.
- The results of the CAT exams are announced on the official CAT website.
- Based on the scores obtained by the candidates, the best candidates are called by the IIMs, of the country.
- Other affiliated management schools, based on the scores they will also start sending their call letters to the short-listed candidates.
- Those candidates who receive the call letters need to buy the application forms of these other colleges and apply to them separately.
- After the completion of written test, the selected students have to undergo a group discussion and a personal interview.
- And then at last there is the individual interview that is equally detailed.
- Combined Defense Services Exams
- Combined Medical Services Exams
- Engineering Services Exam
- National Defense Academy Exam
- Indian Forest Services Exam
- Assistants Grade Exam
- Stenographers Exam
- Clerks Grade Exam
- Divisional Accountants Exam
- SSC Combined Matric Preliminary Exams
- IAF Airman Exams
- Indian Navy Sailors Matric Entry Recruitment Exam
- Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers MER Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers Clerks Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers General Duty Exams