University Grants Commission SAARC Fellowships
The University Grants Commission is a statutory body administered and controlled by the Government of India. The University Grants Commission SAARC fellowship scheme is an educational scheme funded by the University Grants Commission or UGC. The scheme is also known as the SAARC Chair, Fellowship and Scholarship Scheme. The UGC was established in the November 1956 under the Act of parliament.
Eligibility University Grants Commission SAARC Fellowships
The eligibility criteria for the SAARC Fellowships:
- Applicant desirous of furthering their academic career should possess a Ph.D. degree.
- The research fellows will have to carry out research work and at the same time teach students.
- He / She should be employed in either a university or a research institute or any other educational organization.
Duration For University Grants Commission SAARC Fellowships:
The duration of University Grants Commission SAARC Fellowships, should not be less than 6 months
How to Apply University Grants Commission SAARC Fellowships:
Application Procedure for the UGC SAARC Fellowship:
- The SAARC Secretariat intimates the University Grant Commissions as well as ministries of all SAARC countries about the Fellowship Scheme, well ahead of the scheduled time for commencement of the scheme.
- To assist the Secretariat publish this brochure, SAARC member countries will send the particulars of the course to the Secretariat.
- A detailed write-up on the Fellowship Scheme is taken out by the SAARC secretariat every year.
- Once the compilation of the write-up is completed, the same is passed around to all SAARC member countries for further distribution.
- The scheme for the Fellowship is also made public in the official website of the SAARC secretariat.
Value of Scholarships:
The financial assistance provided under the SAARC Fellowships are as follows :
- The higher of the two scales will be awarded under the scheme
- The fellowship should be equivalent to that of a Reader or Associate Professor in the fellow’s university or the university where he has come to do research work.
- However, the air fare incurred by the scholar should be provided by the government of the country to which the scholar hails from.
- The fellowship also provides for cost of purchase of books, lodging and other living expenses
- The fellowship provides for waiver of fees for admission, tuition and visa
University Grant Commission (U.G C.)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
Phone: 091 - 011 23232701/23236735/ 23239437/
Fax: 091- 011 23231797 / 23232783 23239659/ 23231814
Other Scholarships in India