Research in India.
Engineering and technology.
The Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) .
Eligibility Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC):
In order to become eligible for the Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) Visiting Fellowship of the Department of Science and Technology candidates should be:
- An M.E. or M.Tech in Engineering or Technology or M.D. in Medicine or Ph.Din science subject
- A scientist or technologist in regular employment with a science and technology institute or college or university having due recognition. The
- candidate should preferably be doing research work in nascent areas of engineering and technology
- Candidates should not be below 50 years of age as on the date of application for the scholarship
Duration For Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC):
The duration of the scholarships are for a period of 3 months given on a yearly basis on the following subjects:
- Life Science
The visiting fellows can carry out their research work from the following institutes:
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Delhi University South Campus
- IIT Mumbai
- National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi
- National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, New Delhi
- National Botanical Research Institute,Lucknow
- Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhuvaneshwar
- Cochin University of Science and Technology,Cochin
How to Apply For Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC):
A candidate applying for the Visiting Fellowships should route their application through their employers or institutional head. The employer/ institutional head should refer the candidate for undergoing training or conducting research under the 'SERC Visiting Fellowship Scheme'. The candidate's applications should also have nominations from either institutional heads or reputed scientists or exponents in related fields.
Department of Science and Technology
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi 110 016
Phone :091- 011 26567373 091- 011
26962819 Fax :091-011 26864570 091- 011 26862418