Indian Council of Historical Research Doctoral Fellowships is awarded to those candidates who are from foreign nations. This scholarship is awarded by the Indian Council of Historical research. This council is an independent organization which is under the Indian Societies Registration act which was came into existence in the year 1972.
Main objective of Indian Council of Historical Research Doctoral Fellowships for Foreign Nationals
- Is to gather all the candidates who belong to historian field and give them the suitable platform where they can interact with each other.
- To provides all the candidates a right direction in which history is written.
- The history should write in such a way so that it may be scientific and rational.
- To encourage and organize research activities in history in those area which has unattended before.
- To boost and co-ordinate the research activities in history which will balance the other areas of historical research.
Main functions of Indian Council of Historical Research Doctoral Fellowships for Foreign Nationals
- This scholarship along with funds is provided to teachers of universities, colleges and research organization.
- This scholarship acts a helping mode to teachers who require financial assistance.
- This scholarship helps to assemble all the historians by providing funds for seminars and workshop.
- This scholarship also provides financial assistance for seminars, journals and congress proceedings so scholars may get the benefits of research work.
- Journals are published twice a year, by the name of Indian Historical Review.
- They have to maintain the Library cum Documentation center for research scholars which were ever-growing.
- This ICHR is covering 2 main centers Bangalore and Guwahati.
Candidates Eligible for Indian Council of Historical Research Doctoral Fellowships for Foreign Nationals are those who have been included in granting scholarship for other scholarship schemes.
The Duration of this Scholarship is for 1 year which may not be extended beyond the period.
- Application should be in printed form which is published with notification.
- It should be completed in full details and submit to the concerned address mentioned in the application form.
- Applications should include 5 copies of note which is prepared on research plan along with Curriculum Vitae.
The scholarship is granted on case basis which is decided by the Research projects Committee.
Summary- Indian Council of Historical Research Doctoral Fellowships for Foreign Nationals is a scholarship which is granted to those Foreign Historians who are showing their interest in doing further research. This organization is the independent organization which is under the Indian Societies Registration act of 1980.
They grant this scholarship to post graduates and research scholars with the main objective of bringing all the historians together and provide them with the same platform which is important for them in interacting purpose. Along with this benefit they also coordinate, boost and encourage research activities in history which helps in the balancing of other areas related with historical research. They also provide the direction as how the history is written, so that it may become rational and scientific.
It put emphasizes on those areas which has been unattended or not covered earlier. It is only eligible for those people who have been also included in granting scholarships in other scholarships schemes.
All the important documents along with Curriculum Vitae with 5 copies of note of research plan is to attached with it and& send it to the concerned address mentioned in the application form. All the candidates were allowed to give the application which is to be typed and should be routed to university, college and research organizations.