Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Talent Scholarships is on merit basis. This scholarship is granted to those students who have a good ranking in All India Entrance Examination. This scholarship is awarded to 230 students every year in a form of financial assistance.The Main Objective of conducting entrance examination is to fill 15% seats in both State Agriculture University and Central Agriculture University. These seats are already filled up in other institutes offerings horticulture, agriculture, home science and dairy technology.
Eligibility of Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Talent Scholarships
- Candidates should be between the Ages of 17 to23 years.
- Candidates should be the citizen of India.
- Candidates should have taken the subjects of Physics, chemistry and mathematics or Physics, chemistry or agriculture in 10 and 12th examination.
- There is relaxation for scheduled caste and scheduled tribes candidates who have obtained minimum 50 % marks in Physics, chemistry and biology.
- Candidates should have obtained 60% marks in physics, chemistry and biology or physics and chemistry.
- Candidates should have taken the mathematics or physics chemistry along with agriculture in 10 and 12th examinations.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Talent Scholarships is act as a financial assistance of Rs 1000 every month, and it is only granted to those people who are from other state rather than from his home state. For application procedure one should send all the important documents to the concerned address mentioned in the application form.
There are Certain Terms and Conditions of National Talent Scholarships which are mentioned below:-
- This Scholarship is granted to those all undergraduate who are the students of Agriculture University which is located outside the state.
- This Scholarship is only awarded for the first year, from the date when the students have actually take admission in college for studying undergraduate degree in Agriculture.
- This Scholarship is renewable for the rest of the year of the undergraduate degree, if the candidates are maintaining records of good academic performance.
- Attendance is compulsory with this type of Scholarship and he should not take part in any strike or agitation during the period.
- Candidates should take up the studies on whole time basis rather going for part time job.
- Candidates should not accept any other financial assistance during the time of undergraduate study.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave his /her studies in between.
- Candidates are not allowed to change her subject when he is granted National Talent Scholarship.
- This scholarship is granted from the head of the college who will disburse to the students after verification of the important documents.
- This scholarship is not made directly to the students
- This scholarship is started from the first day till end of the degree program.
- This Scholarship will be discontinued if the required CGPA is not maintained in the first year. Students have to pass in every subject in the semester. Scholarship will also discontinue if the students have not appeared in the examination.
There are many cases where the scholarships tend to be terminated.
- If the candidates not maintained good academic records.
- Leaves his studies in between.
- Candidates if not maintaining the proper discipline.
- If the period of scholarship expires.
- If the candidate discontinue the study.
- No scholarship is granted if the students have changed the discipline of the college.
Summary- Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Talent Scholarships is granted to under graduate students of Agriculture University in which Rs 1000 is granted for the first year. If the candidate is performing well in next subsequent years then the Scholarship amount will be extended.