Norad Fellowships External Scholarship is also known Norwegian Govt Scholarship. This Scholarship is provided to those Indian students who wish to carry their M.A degree from an institute in Norway. This Scholarship is provided by the External Scholarships Division of the Ministry of Human resources and Development from the Government of India.
In order to provide the benefits of International scholarships to Indian Students, This department deals with foreign government. Apply for Scholarship is not an easy task. There are many terms and conditions which is included in the Scholarship.
Norwegian Institutions have been in agreements with various foreign institutions for higher education. They design these types of agreements in order to mutually exchange for students along with teachers and researchers. There are many types of national programmes which offer many types of funding and scholarships for international students who want to study in Norway. There are also stipends available by profit and non-profit organization. It includes
- Semester Grants-The semester grants helps the students to carry out their field work when they choose Norway institutions for higher education. It includes 3 -4 months stays with the Norwegian semester periods. These types of scholarships are awarded to that student who wishes to study in Norway for their Masters Degree. These scholarships will helps to cover the cost of accommodations along with local transport and pocket money.
- Erasmus Mundas- This Scholarship is granted to those students who want to go for Erasmus Mundas Masters Course.
- Nordplus Higher Education-This scholarship gives the facility to the students have chosen Nordic for higher education also go for Nordic course in some other country as a part of your degree.
- Quota Scheme- This scheme aims to promote the internationalization of higher education. This scholarship is provided to the students from developing countries along with the students of Eastern Europe countries. English in masters degree and PhD level is taught under these types of courses.
- High North Fellowship program-This Scholarship is provided to those students who are from U.S, Canada and Russia, and who have joined Norway institution in north to carry out their degree which is a part of it.
- Nords Program for Masters Studies- This scholarship provides the financial supports to the developing countries for the purpose to develop the masters degree in these countries by having partnerships between local and Norwegian institution. The aim of this scholarship is to educate each and every people in public and private sector.
Who are Eligible for NORAD Fellowships External Scholarship?
- Candidates applying for the scholarship should be in the age group of 25-35years of age.
- Candidates who are moving towards for post graduation course, should obtain at least 60% marks in graduation.
- Candidates who are also interested for doing M.phil course, should obtain 60% marks in graduation along with the course work which is completed for 1and half years in a specialized subject. It is concerned with some issues which are related to development.
- Candidates who are moving towards for M.phil course should possess adequate knowledge of English and also qualify for TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Candidates should also have experience of 2-3 years in the related field.
The Duration for this scholarship is of 4 years.
Benefits of Scholarships
In this Scholarship you will be able to receive a fixed amount per month which is helpful in meeting expenses like Food and Housing. Scholarships are also grants for half in months for woolens, warm clothings along with the fees which needs to be deposit.
The applications along with important documents should be sending to the concerned address mentioned in the application form.
Other Scholarships in India