Research in India.
Respective fields of study.
Institute for Social and Economic Change ISEC
Eligibility Institute for Social and Economic Change Ph.D Fellowships:
The eligibility criteria in respect of the PhD Fellowships are as follows:
- Candidate must have obtained a post-graduation degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate
- Candidate must should have passed the UGC conducted NET or JRF examination
- There is no age limit for ISEC Fellowships
- Candidates awaiting post-graduation results can also apply.
On the other hand, if the candidates submit their real copies of their results then only their applications would be taken up for the consideration.
Duration For Institute for Social and Economic Change Ph.D Fellowships:
The Institute for Economic & Social Change Ph.D. Fellowships are for a period of 3 years, although it might sometimes take 4 years to complete the program.
How to Apply Institute for Social and Economic Change Ph.D Fellowships:
- Applications for the Ph.D. Fellowship program are called for every year on an all-India basis.
- The basic application forms and the other important documents can be received personally with a demand draft of Rs.50/- in the favor of “The Registrar, ISEC, Bangalore” along with one self addressed and stamped envelope.
- In case of SC/ST candidates, a Demand Draft of only Rs.10/- is required to be sent.
- The notification is published in the official media and posted in the official website.
Value of Scholarships:
- For NET or UGC qualified candidates the amount of financial assistance made available is Rs.6, 000/-per month. For non-qualified students the scholarship amount is Rs.5, 000/-.
- Candidates are also entitled to a yearly contingency grant of Rs.12, 000 during the entire period of the fellowship.
- Candidates who are under the 'salary protection scheme' will be given their salary for a period of 2 years in addition to the contingency grant
- Candidates under the part time fellowship scheme will not be given either fellowship or contingency grant.