Degree in Abroad.
The Canadian Commonwealth Scholarships are valid in Canada for Master’s and Doctoral Degree in the following subjects:
- Political science
- International relations with particular emphasis on Canada-India relations.
- Computer Science
- Health Science/ Pharmaceutical Science
- Environmental Studies
- Economic Planning
- Social Administration/Sociology
External Scholarships Division of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India.
Eligibility For Canada Commonwealth Scholarships:
- Candidates should not be more than 40 years of age as on the 30th September
- Candidates should be Indian nationals
- Candidates should have an English medium schooling background
- For a Master's Degree the candidate should have a First Class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Architecture/Medicine and Pharmacy
- For Ph.D Degree, the candidates must have a high second class in post-graduation in the relevant field.
- Candidates should have both written and verbal proficiency in one of the official languages of Canada i.e. English or French
- Candidates, whose mother tongue is not English and are desirous of studying in a university where English is spoken officially, must qualify in the TOEFL test
Duration For Canada Commonwealth Scholarships:
The Canadian Commonwealth Scholarships are given out to students to pursue a master's or doctoral degree in Canada.The duration for the master's degree is 2 years while that for the doctoral degree is 4 calendar years. Besides these scholarships, there also are special non-renewable scholarships for conducting research in Canada for a maximum period of 12 months.
How to Apply For Canada Commonwealth Scholarships:
A maximum of 20 nominations, inclusive of 12 nominations for carrying on with studies at the Master's level should be sent to the Canadian Bureau for International Education under the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Plan. Duly completed application along with attested copies of degrees and diplomas should be sent to:
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road,
New Delhi - 110001
Phone No: 011- 3384501