Law Colleges in Kerala
The basic social institution of a civil society is law. Itguards the rights of an individual and also lays down the principles of the Constitution. The profession of law is in great demand in the modern times because of the increasing awareness of the people about their own rights and human rights. Thus the legal profession is held at a high esteem.
Law Colleges in Kerala—Kerala termed as the state with the highest literacy has number of law and other colleges for higher education, which are established indifferent towns and cities of Kerala. There are some universities in the state with a law department and there is individual law colleges affiliated to the different universities.
The criterion of success in the profession of law liesin professional knowledge acquired by experience and practice along with academic excellence. The fields of specialization in law covers a variety of aspects related to law. It includes Civil law, criminal law, corporate law, taxation law, labor law, family law, constitutional law and patent law.
- Admission to the Integrated Five-year B.A., LL.B course is strictly on the basis of merit.
- Students who have passed Higher Secondary Examination of the Government of Kerala or any other equivalent examination with a minimum of45% aggregate marks in the General category and 40% marks in the category of SC, ST and OEC are eligible first year of the Integrated Five Year B.A., LL.B. Course.
- Aptitude for legal studies is judged by conducting Aptitude Test.
- Admission to the Integrated 5 year LL.B course is e made on the basis of merit on the basis of the performance in the entrance test, marks secured in the qualifying examination and interview.
- Admission to the Three-year LL.B degree course is strictly on the basis of merit
A trained law graduate from the colleges of Kerala has a number of career options to choose from. One can work as a civil lawyer, criminal lawyer, Taxation Lawyer, labor lawyer, constitutional lawyer or family lawyer in various national and international companies.