Career Option in Statistics
Statistics is a mathematical science related to the collection, analysis, interpretation or explanation, and presentation of data. It provides tools for forecasting business and scientific trends. It is applicable to a wide variety of acaemic disciplines, from the natural and social sciences to the humanities, government and business.
Education Details & Eligibility:
Part of the course will introduce and detail the basic and intermediate statistical concepts that are essential for professionals in a biological, public health or medical environment. The following include but are not limited to topic areas to be discussed.
- Basic statistical terminology needed to effectively communicate with and understand your statistical colleagues.
- The statistical essentials required to initiate a research investigation.
- Research questions in statistical terms.
- Sample size considerations to insure accuracy of conclusions.
- Discussion of statistical techniques to compare experimental approaches.
- Survival analysis and discussion of techniques in bioequivalence and biotherapeutic studies.
- Gaining information from multiple studies by meta-analysis.
- Practical training in handling statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, SYSTAT, SAP, MINITAB etc.
- B.Sc in Statistics is a three year course consisting of six semesters
- M.Sc in Statistics is a two year course consisting of four semesters.
Business intelligence is the latest area in demand, which requires learning advanced statistical applications such as data warehousing, data mining. SAP lab is providing various packages for business intelligence for executives under training. After training they are placed as business analyst.
Approximate Education Expenses:
The total expense for doing a course in Statistics at any internationally recognized institute is as follows
- B.Sc - Rs. 43,000/ year- (3 Years)
- M.Sc - Rs.56,000/year - (2 Years)
- SPSS - Around Rs.5,000
- SAP - Around Rs.5,00,000
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administration.
C.Institutions that offer this Education
Almost all the deemed and general universities offer degree in Accounting and finance.
For more information on colleges visit www.StudyGuideIndia.com
D.Job Opportunities and Job Roles
Person who complete commerce course, preferably PG level, together with formal certificate course on any one or more statistical packages (better SAP) can join as junior trainee. Once they gain experience and understand and practice the accounting rules, they can choose career in many ways in India and Abroad. For enrolling into SAP course, formal experience is a necessary condition in the area of specialization such as marketing, CRM, SCM, Market research etc.
They opportunities available are:
- Associate Manager (Data Management)
- Senior Project Statistician
- Data Analyst - Sales & Marketing
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence
The salary can be from Rs.12,000 to Rs.29,000 for freshers and increases with experience and knowledge.
Statistics.com is the leading provider of professional development courses in statistics.
Web site link: http://www.statistics.com