Career Option in Radiology & X-Ray Technology
Radiologists and Imaging technicians are critical to diagnostics and aid the medical team by running tests and scans as prescribed by the doctors. Due to technical advancements in the field of medicine, several high-tech equipment are in use and requires technocrats of a caliber to operate and maintain them. These experts have to possess a strong scientific foundation and be able to perform at a much higher level than the traditionally trained technicians of the past.
B. Education Guide:
- Education Details & Eligibility:
Pass in HSC (+2) or CBSE / ISC or equivalent qualification with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Course Duration:
In many of the institutions this is a 3-year degree course. In some institutions this is a 4-year degree courses (including 1 year internship).
Radiology courses covers:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Chest radiology
- Abdominal & Pelvic radiology
- Interventional radiology
- Pediatric radiology
- Musculoskeletal radiology
- Mammography and Women's Imaging
- Approximate Education Expenses:
Fees: INR Rs. 1, 00, 000/-
Opportunities for higher studies:
The graduates are eligible for continuing higher studies in the same field such as M.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology or can join for M.Sc. Anatomy, M.Sc. Biotechnology, M.B.A. Hospital Management, etc.
After post-graduation, the candidates can pursue M.S. and Ph.D. programs in India and Abroad.
C. Institutions that offer this Education:
For details on colleges please visit www.StudyGuideIndia.com
D. Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
Job opportunities are abundant in India and Abroad. After graduation they are employed as Technologists in hospitals and as Application specialists in medical equipment manufacturing / supplying companies such as Siemens, Philips, Toshiba, Trivitron, etc.
Soon after the completion of the course some of the candidates get appointed in companies through Campus interviews.
Approximate Salary Range:
The salary ranges from Rs. 10000 to Rs. 30000 for fresher and increases with experience and expertise.
The international society for radiology has links to program of study and job details: Web site link: http://www.radiologyinfo.org//links.htm
- Career Option in Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Career in Hospital Profession
- Careers In Ayurveda
- Career Option in Medicine
- Career Option in Dental
- Career Option in Siddha
- Careers In Unani Medicine
- Career Option in Homeopathic
- Career Option in Speech and Language Pathology
- Career Option in Child Care
- Career Option in Physiotherapy
- Career Option in Occupational Therapy
- Career in Medical Lab Technology
- Career Option in Ophthalmology
- Career in Radiology
- Career Option in Nursing
- Career Option in Pharmacy
- Career Option in Forensic Medicine
- Career Option in Psychology
- Career in Yoga
- Career Option in Nutrition And Dietetics