Career Option in Medicine - M.B.B.S
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) or in Latin, Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae,is the;first professional degree awarded upon graduation from Medical school in medicine and surgery by universities in various countries. The naming suggests that they are two separate degrees; however, in practice, they are usually treated as one and awarded together.
- Education Details & Eligibility:
In many countries, the degrees are awarded after an undergraduate course lasting five or six years. In some cases, a graduate in another discipline may subsequently enter a special graduate-entry medical course, reduced in duration to account for relevant material covered or learning skills acquired during the first degree.
In some cases the old first year courses (for six year degrees) in the basic sciences of physics, chemistry and biology have been abolished, and that standard has to be reached by means of school examinations before entry. However, in most countries a newly-graduated Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery must spend a specified period in internship before they can obtain full qualification as a medical practitioner.
- Basic eligibility criteria:
+2 (Higher Secondary students) with Biology group as the majors can choose Bachelor's Degree in medical Science as their career.
- Course Duration:
Training in this field is available at a number of colleges and institutes all over India. These courses are offered at the levels of
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
- M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) is around five + years.
- M.S (Masters Degree in any specialization) is around two years.
Approximate Education Expenses:
The Total expense for doing Bachelor's Degree in Dental Science and its related fields are as follows.
M.B.B.S - Rs.60000/ per year - (5+ Years)
M.S - Rs.75000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
A Doctor should also develop qualities like
- Deep Knowledge in the field,
- Good Diagnosing ability,
- caring nature,
- good communication and
- Counseling skills.
Higher Education Options:
After successful completion of the Bachelor degree, the options for higher education are plenty. A person with the above degree can opt for higher education in the following fields.
- M. S
- Master of the Art of Obstetrics (MAO).
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O. or DO)
C.Institutions that Offers this Education:
Almost all the universities and institutes involving Medicine offer Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery programs.
Some of these institutes are:
- PSG Institute and Medical College, Coimbatore
- Madras Medical College,Chennai
- Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Salem Medical College, Salem
- Raja Muthaiah Medical College
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute,Chennai
- Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- Government Kilpauk Medical College,Chennai
Apart from these there are many colleges offering these courses in Abroad.
D.Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
The fresh graduates/post graduates of Dental Science are generally employed in Hospitals/clinics (Both private and Govt.) as
- Junior doctors
- Junior surgeons (Or)
- charitable institutions
- research institutes as researchers
- training institutes as teachers
- Open your own clinic in a well-populated neighborhood which may give you good earnings as well as reputation.
E.Approximate Salary Range:
The salary can be from Rs.10, 000 to Rs.23, 000 for fresh graduates and increases with the persons experience and knowledge.
The Society of Internet Doctors is a consortium of physicians, dentists, mental health care providers, veterinarians, and medical service providers who recognize the importance of the role that the Internet and Medical Websites play in the education of their patients and effective medical practice building.
Web site link:http://internetdoctors.org/
- Career Option in Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Career in Hospital Profession
- Careers In Ayurveda
- Career Option in Medicine
- Career Option in Dental
- Career Option in Siddha
- Careers In Unani Medicine
- Career Option in Homeopathic
- Career Option in Speech and Language Pathology
- Career Option in Child Care
- Career Option in Physiotherapy
- Career Option in Occupational Therapy
- Career in Medical Lab Technology
- Career Option in Ophthalmology
- Career in Radiology
- Career Option in Nursing
- Career Option in Pharmacy
- Career Option in Forensic Medicine
- Career Option in Psychology
- Career in Yoga
- Career Option in Nutrition And Dietetics