Career Option in Event Management
Event management is the application of the management practice of project management to the creation and development of festivals and events. Event Management involves studying the intricacies of the brand, identifying the target audience, devising the event concept, planning the logistics and coordinating the technical aspects before actually executing the modalities of the proposed event.
Education Details & Eligibility:
Study includes organizational skills, technical knowledge, P.R., marketing, advertising, catering, logistics, decor, glamour identity, human relations, study of law and licenses, risk management, budgeting, study of allied industries like television, other media and several other areas.
Basic eligibility criteria:
10th, +2 (Higher Secondary students) with any group as the majors can choose Event management as their Career.
Courses available for Event management are as follows:
- Certificate course in Event Management
- Diploma in Event Management (DEM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management (PGDEM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management & Public Relations
These courses are available in Full and part time in many institutions across India.
Approximate Education Expenses:
The fee structure for these programs tends to change from institutions providing them and also based on the study preference (Part Time/ Full Time).
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
An Event management professional should also develop qualities like
- Negotiating Skills
- Creative Skills
- Convincing Skills
- Coordinating Skills
- Planning skills
- Executing and implementing skills
- Hard work
Higher Education Options:
After successful completion of the Bachelor degree, the options for higher education are plenty. A person with the above degree can opt for MBA.
C.Institutions that Offers this Education:
Almost all the universities and institutes offer degree in Event Management and its related fields.
- National Institute Of Event Management, Pune
- National Institute Of Event Management, Pune.
- Amity Institute of Event Management, New Delhi
- Event Management Development Institute, Pune.
- Indian Institute of Event Management, Mumbai.
- Indian Institute of Management, New Delhi.
- International Center for Event Marketing, New Delhi.
- Event Management Development Institute, Mumbai.
- International Institute of Event Management, Mumbai.
- National Institute of Event Management, Mumbai.
D.Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
A person who has completed a certified course in Event Management and its related fields has wide opportunities in the following fields.
- Visualizing concepts
- Fashion shows
- Musical concerts
- Corporate seminars
- Wedding celebrations
- Theme parties
- Product launching
Career opportunities are in the following Industries:
- Event Management
- Event Management Consultancy
- Hotel, travel and hospitality Industries
- Advertising Agencies
- Public Relations Firms
- News Media
- Non-profit organization
- Integrated marketing communications companies
E.Approximate Salary Range:
The salary can be from Rs.8, 000 to Rs.26, 000 for freshers and increases with the persons experience and knowledge.
The Society for event management is a community for people associated with the field of event management.
Web site link:www.feelhosted.com/tag/society-for-event-management.