Career Option in Catering
Events, offices and even homes look for people who will cook and deliver a meal. While some may prefer the food to be cooked at a remote site and served either with final touches or as is, or cook in the premises, depending on the occasion. Some also require the food to be served, as in the case of an event.
Education Details & Eligibility:
To become a certified professional caterer, one needs to do:
- B.Sc. in Catering
- M.Scin Catering and Hotel Administration
- Certificate Course in Catering and Hospitality Management
Basic eligibility criteria:
10 +2 (Higher Secondary students) with any group as the major are eligible for these programs.
Training in this field is available at a number of schools and institutes all over India. These courses are offered at the levels of
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
- Diploma in Catering is around two years.
- B.Sc. (Catering) Degree is around three years.
- Post Graduate Diploma (OR)M.Scis around two years.
Approximate Education Expenses:
The Total expense for doing a course in Catering at any internationally recognized institute are as follows.
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administration.
C. Institutions that Offers this Education:
D. Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
Lots of lucrative and interesting openings are there for Catering graduates in various fields like:
- Cruise Ship,
- Hotel & Restaurant,
- Airline Catering,
- Catering departments of railways,
- Catering departments of banks,
- Catering departments of armed forces,
- Hospital and Institutional Catering Executives
E. Approximate Salary Range:
The salary can be from Rs.10, 000 to Rs.23, 000 for freshers and increases with the person’s experience and knowledge.
F. Related Links:
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology and its affiliated institutes constantly endeavor to impart hospitality knowledge, skills, concepts and techniques in the right environment for the students to learn and emerge as global hospitality service providers.
Web site link: http://www.nchmct.org/
Other Catering/Hotel Management Career Option Archive
- Career Option in Hotel Management
- Career Option in Housekeeping / Hospitality
- Career Option in Front Office Reception