Career Option in Beauty Care
Cosmetology is the study and application of beauty treatment. Branches of specialty including hairstyling, care, cosmetics, manicures pedicures, and electrology.
Education Details & Eligibility:
To become a Professional in the industry one should have a valid and recognized degree or at least a Diploma. The degree and postgraduate degree courses are offered by the private and government colleges in India and around the globe.
Basic eligibility criteria:
10th, +2 (Higher Secondary students) with any group as the majors
Training in this field is available at a number of schools and institutes all over India. These courses are offered at the levels of
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
- Diploma in Cosmetic Technology is around two years.
- B.Tech(Cosmetic Technology) is around three years.
- M.Tech (Cosmetic Technology) is offered as a two year program.
Approximate Education Expenses:
The Total expense for doing degree in Cosmetic Technology is as follows
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
Higher Education Options:
After successful completion of the Bachelor degree, the options for higher education are plenty. A person with the above degree can opt for Post graduation Diploma or pursue his/her Master's.
C.Institutions that Offers this Education
Almost all the deemed and general universities offer Bachelor degree in Beauty care. Some of these institutes are:
- South Delhi Polytechnic for Women
- Shehnaz Herbal Women's World International
- National & Regional Vocational Training Institutes for Women
- Nagpur University.
- Pearl Academy of Fashion,
- Habib's Hair Academy, New Delhi
- VLCC Academy of Beauty and Hair, New Delhi
- Slyvie's Hair and Beauty Academy, New Delhi
D.Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
Some of the job openings available are:
- Spa Therapist
- Nail artist
- Makeup artist
- tattoo artist
- Beauty Consultant
- Mehendi artist
E.Approximate Salary Range:
The salary can be from Rs.12, 000 to Rs.22, 000 for starters and increases with the persons experience and knowledge.
The Beauty Society provides all the information related to Beauty care.
Web site link:http://www.beautysociety.com
Other Fashion/Beauty care/Footwear Career Option Archive
- Career Option in Footwear
- Career Option in Fashion Technology
- Career Option in Textile Technology
- Career Option in Gemology