Career Option in Animation
Multimedia refers to the combination of text, graphic art, sound, animation and video, delivered by computer or other electronic means. While the term “multimedia” can be used to refer presentations using any combination of visual and audio material from a range of sources, more specifically, it refers to the combination of materials within a format or medium that can be used by a computer, including CD-ROM or digital video, interactive touch-screen monitors, internet or web technology, streaming audio or video, and data projection system etc
Education Details & Eligibility:
To become an animation professional one should have a diploma in any animation course certified by an institution or an organization. The degree
courses are offered by the private colleges and animation centers all over India and abroad.
There are various diploma and degree programs in animation and multimedia. These courses focus on teaching and equipping a person in various styles and techniques of animation: Mainly in
- Traditional animation,
- Computer based graphic designing,
- Stop-motion animation
- Multimedia programming or designing,
- Website designing or development,
- Human anatomy based design,
- Computer generated 3D and 2Danimation,
- 3D-Maya, Max, Mudbox
- Dynamics & Render
Rotoscoping, VFX - Editing, Roto, Blue / Green screen, Title Graphics
Basic eligibility criteria:
10th / +2 (Higher Secondary students) with any group as the major with at least 45% of marks can opt for a career in Animation industry.
There are several institutes offering courses in animation and multimedia. The course duration is different for each university. Generally UG programs are a three year course and the PG Programs from one and a half years to two and a half years.
BSc Animation & Multimedia-related courses are a six semester course comprising of three years.PG in animation is generally a two-year course in most of the institutes in India.
Approximate Education Expenses:
The expense depends on the institution. The total expense for a career in animation is as follows
- B.Sc - Rs.50,000/ per year - (3 Years)
- PG - Rs.50,000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the colleges administration.
Being an animation professional, a short term courses in design could be useful to enhance your career. The following things can be undertaken/developed by the student to boost up his/her career in the particular field.
- 3D Max,
- Gif editor,
- Special FX Creation,
- Character Designing,
- Games Designing,
- Interaction Designer.
Apart from having creative streak, knowledge of fundamentals of visual communication and animation, image processing tools, the nature of electronic media and the art of storytelling and a sound knowledge in computer fundas are very important. Success in the animation industry would mainly depend on the willingness to put in hard work and zeal for innovation.
C.Institutions that offer this Education:
Almost all the general university and private institutions offer degree in Animation. Many institutes in India and abroad offer graduation and diploma courses in animation besides the online services that offer courses in animation.
For details on courses please visit www.StudyGuideIndia.com.
D.Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
- Animation application has wide opportunities in the following industries.
- Entertainment (movies and television)
- Business (product promotions and marketing demos)
- Sales (presentations)
- Education (Computer Based Tutorials/Web Based Tutorials
- Publishing (graphics and printing)
- Virtual reality in Defense
- Web designing
- Advertising (commercials and print ads)
- Fashion designing and interior designing
- Development of computer games/mobile games
- Medical, legal and insurance industry (presentations and models)
- Animation institutes as a tutor.
E.Approximate Salary Range:
The salary range for a fresher in the animation industry (i.e., junior engineer) can be from Rs.10,000 to Rs.20,000 and increases with experience and knowledge. An experienced professional can earn up to Rs. 60,000 per month.
The Society for Animation Studies (SAS) is an international organization dedicated to the study of animation history and theory
Web site link:
Other Media/Journalism/advertising Career Option Archive
- Career Option in Media Studies
- Career Option in Anchor / Reporter
- Career Option in Advertising
- Career in television studies
- Career Option in Publishing Books
- Career Option in Event Management
- Career Option in Photography
- Career Option in Journalism & Mass Communication