Business schools in Russia
A business school is an institution that confers degrees in Business Administration. They can also be known by such names as College of Business, College of Business Administration, School of Business, or School of Business Administration. A business school teaches topics such as accounting, administration, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, marketing, organizational behavior, public relations, strategy, human resource management, and quantitative methods.
Choosing an MBA Program in Russia
Most of the MBA programs offered in Russia. are taught in Russian, though some are delivered in a partnership format with an overseas (usually American or European) university,, and often at least partly in English. Both full-time and part time; evening and distance courses are also offered. The programmes are designed to cater the needs of Russia's brightest entrepreneurs.
In terms of material covered, many do not differ significantly from programs in the west and they too are using Harvard case studies.
- If you plan to work only in western markets - e.g. in the US - then you will not really gain much from an MBA in Russia.
- The exception to the above statement is in cases where you can get a dual MBA - meaning that you simultaneously obtain the same degree from a US or European university. In this case, there may be considerable financial savings on tuition in Russia.
- If you plan to work in Russia, an MBA in Russia can quickly gain you high level contacts.
- If you plan to work between cultures - maybe in Russia, maybe not, then a Russian MBA may be invaluable, but your selection of a university may be influenced by your desired company, job, sector and/or other factors. Talk with others in your desired field or write to an SRAS consultant.
These are only general guidelines. Selecting an MBA program is very much tied to the realities of career objectives. Some of the most basic factors in selecting which MBA program in Russia to choose are considered below:
- There are many MBA programs in out-of-the-way places in Russia and/or Russian websites which offer MBAs at fabulously low prices. You pay for what you get.
- In Russia, you should select a school which has been licenced by the Federal Ministry of Education to ensure quality of education and the recognition of your degree. The Ministry has only awarded several dozen licences, mostly to universities in Moscow.
- Universities which hold these licences will have a faculty with at least 60% PhDs and MBAs teaching. Programs will run at least one year and a half, and will require at least 1000 hours of classroom time.
List of Business Schools in Russia