Study Medicine in Russia
|Russia Education Guide||Study Medicine in Russia||Study Engineering in Russia|
|Russian Universities||Business Schools in Russia||List of Top Russian Universities|
Study Medicine in Russia
Russia is a most proven, tried and tested destination for quality medical education. Even though new countries have recently opened their doors for foreign students, Russia has always been a tried and tested destination for medical studies since more than 30 years.
Russian Medical Education is considered to be of very high standard. Every institution is well equipped and teaching methods are regulated and stream lined providing for an extensive development of students in chosen specialties. About 30 positions are occupied by the Russian Medical Universities in World Ranking and The Russian Federation has some of the finest medical Universities in World Ranking. Russian medical universities working under the auspices of the Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation are listed in the WHO Directory of "World Medical Schools" released by the World Health Organization (WHO). They are rated among the first 10 best medical universities of Russia with a large number of girls and boys from India and other foreign countries thus giving the student an international exposure. Due to their listing in the WHO, an undergraduate student passing from these Universities are eligible for the MCI screening exam in India.
Compared to western countries the system of higher education in Russia is well formulated and advanced. In the evaluation of student’s performance, their progress in mastering the subject is monitored closely and objectively. The head of the institution formulate the tests and examinations during every academic year in great number. The important part of higher education assessment process in Russia is the final state examination. From September all the Russian Institutions starts their academic year. There are two semesters in an academic year, September to January and February to June. First semester examinations are held usually in January while second semester exams are held in June. Student enjoys winter vacation as well as summer vacation. Winter vacation is from 15th Jan. to 7th Feb. and summer vacation is from 1st July to 31st August.
Medical courses in Russia are offered with English or the Russian as the medium of instruction. The duration of the course with English as the medium of instruction is for 6 years while the duration for the courses with Russian as the medium of instruction is 7 years, which also includes one academic year (10 months) of the preparatory course in the Russian language. In case the courses are conducted in the English; the students do not need to do the one year preparatory faculty in the Russian language. However, the student would be taught the Russian language as a part of the curriculum in the first three years so as to interact with the Russian patients during their clinical years from the fourth year of his/her education.
Medical Universities Russia
- Ivanov State Medical Academy
- Kursk State Medical University
- Novosibirsk State Medical Academy
- Saratov State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Rostov State Medical University
- Kuban State Medical Academy
- Stavropol State Medical Academy
- St. Petersburg State Medical University
- Voronezh State Medical Academy
- Volgograd State Medical Academy
- Yaroslav State Medical Academy
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Ryazan State Medical University
- People Freindship University
Why studying medicine in Russia?
- No entrance exam.
- Easy admission process.
- Russian medical degrees are recognized by WHO, UNESCO, etc.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multiprofile hospitals.
- The educational fees are very low due to subsidy of Russian Government. The living expenses for students are around 100 - 200 USD (5.000 - 10.000 Rs) per month.
Eligibility For Medical Education in Russia
- He / She should have obtained aggregate 50% marks in the Physics / Chemistry / Biology in the 12th standard. As per the requirement of the Medical Council of India, for medical course, all reserved category students having aggregate 40% marks could also apply.There are no entrances examinations and the admissions are strictly on a first come first served basis.
- As per the requirements of the Medical Council of India Act, students need to apply to the MCI for an "eligibility certificate" prior to their joining any medical institution outside India.This eligibility certificate is not required at the time of making the application to the medical University in Russia. However, the application to the Medical Council of India for the eligibility certificate needs to be made before leaving for Russia.
The degree awarded would be the M.D (Physician), which is the basic degree equivalent to the M.B.B.S in India. The degree M.D (Physician) should not be confused as a post graduate qualification. In case of dentistry the degree awarded would be B.D.S.
Upon returning back to India, the student would have to give a screening test conducted by the National Board of Examinations prior to registering their medical degree in India with the medical council of India. There are multiple attempts for passing this screening test and there is no negative marking. This screening exam is only to determine the medical knowledge of the student and is not of a competitive nature. The questions are of an objective nature. More details can be found on the official web site of the Medical Council of India.
- General Medicine (M.B.B.S.)
- Dentistry (B.D.S.)
Medium of instruction
English and Russian
Duration of the course
6 years (5 years for B.D.S/Pharmacy).
Tuition cost for current educational year
Medical education in English medium >> Undergraduate medical courses
- Tuition Fee: 3600 US$ - 5500 US$ = Rs. 1,75,000 - Rs. 2,70,000/yr
- Hostel Accommodation: 300 US$ - 550 US$ = Rs. 15,000 - Rs.27,000/yr
- Health Insurance: 100 US$ - 150 US$ = Rs. 5000 - Rs.7500/yr
- Food and Hand Expenditure: 100 US$ (approx.) = Rs. 5000 per month
1 US$(U S Dollars)= 50 INR approx.
Post Graduate Medical Courses (M.D. / M.S.)
- Allergology and Immunology
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Infectious and Tropical Diseases
- Maxillo facial surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Traumatology and Orthopedics
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Social Medicine and Management in Public Health
- Thoracic Surgery
Eligibility For Post Graduate Medical Courses
He / She should have a Bachelor's degree (M.B.B.S) from a recognized University by MCI or WHO.
Duration of the Courses
The post graduation courses in the case of Medicine are for a period of 2 years to 5 years.
Medium of Instruction
Note:Admissions for the September 2012 intake, which are strictly on a first come first served basis, are now open in full swing, in case you are seriously interested to apply for the next academic year, we suggest you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. You are eligible to book and reserve your seat NOW for the intake in September 2012 even though you may have to appear for your 12th examination.