Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is an identical test intended to select the top and best candidates for business schools for assessing the candidates for study.
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is developed and organized by the US based "Educational Testing Service" (ETS) under the path of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a non-profit organization. This entrance test and scores is an essential for admission in most of the business schools in US, Canada and other parts of the world too.
Eligibility for Graduate Management Admission Test
- Everyone is eligible for taking the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test).
- No minimum educational qualification requirement for taking the test.
- The test results are considered to be valid by the universities for five years.
- If a below 18 years candidate’s want to write a test, then he/she has to send a written form to "GMAT Customer Services" of his/her region signed by parents or local guardian. This form authorizes such candidates to take the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) exam and states that the applicant and parent or legal guardian agrees to stick to all the terms and conditions specified by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Committee).
- The fee for Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is US$250 worldwide and taxes will be differing when you schedule an exam in certain countries.
Pattern of Examination
The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) examination consists of three main parts
- Analytical Writing Assessment: The analytical writing section requires one to write two essays (each of 30 minutes). In the first part the candidate needs to analyze an issue that is given to them. The second part is an analysis of an Argument, in which a given argument has to be critically analyzed and evaluated. This section deals with the Analytical skills of the applicant rather than his/her writing skills.
- Quantitative section: In this 37 questions comprise two kinds of questions those are Problem Solving (PS) and Data Sufficiency (DS). In Problem Solving (PS) question requires to solve mathematical problem directly which is equivalent with the level of Class 10 exams, with questions on Number Systems, Percentages, Fractions & Decimals, Algebra (including Quadratic Equations), Geometry (including Basic Coordinate Geometry), Ratio & Proportion, Area & Volume of 2-D and 3-D diagrams, Probability etc and select the right answer, the Data sufficiency is of a trickier selection.
- Verbal section: The verbal section in GMAT requires the basic skills of correct English. There are three types of questions asked in this section- Sentence Correction (SC), Critical Reasoning (CR) and Reading Comprehension (RC).
Reporting the Scores
You can report your GMAT test scores to a maximum of five universities of your choice and cost is already added in the GMAT test fee. But remember before taking a test you have to select these five universities/business-schools. Please be careful and pay attention before taking the GMAT test and filling the application form.
Apart from the mention universities for additional university, the charge is US $28, payable by an international credit card or a dollar denominated draft. The tax rate will vary according to the countries.
Registration of GMAT test:
Before taking test first select the GMAT test center location. Most of these test centers are in permanent locations. Candidate’s can register for GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) Online, by Phone, or by Mail.
Other Competitive Exams in India Archive
- Combined Defense Services Exams
- Combined Medical Services Exams
- Engineering Services Exam
- National Defense Academy Exam
- Indian Forest Services Exam
- Assistants Grade Exam
- Stenographers Exam
- Clerks Grade Exam
- Divisional Accountants Exam
- SSC Combined Matric Preliminary Exams
- IAF Airman Exams
- Indian Navy Sailors Matric Entry Recruitment Exam
- Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers MER Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers Clerks Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers General Duty Exams