We are very glad to know your interest in Medical profession. Medical field is not just an education and career; it is a big service and dedication to the society. Not everyone have such great opportunity to study medial and serve for the human life. StudyGuideIndia.Com wish to give some simple steps for choosing medical study.
Medical Admission Guide (MBBS / BDS)
Get the Application & Prospects
Remember the following important Dates
- Last Date of Issue of Application & downloading - 06-06-2016 5.00 PM
- Last Date for submission of Application - 07-06-2016 5.00 PM
- Merit List Declaration Date - Published on websites soon
You can download an application online at www.tnhealth.org/www.tn.gov.in
- Submission of application forms through online process only.
- Applications submitted through online shall be considered, only after receiving the print-out of online entry with necessary copies of certificates (duly attested passport size photograph to be pasted on the space provided).
- Application with necessary enclosures to be sent in a large sized cover measuring 38cm X 28cm superscribed 'APPLICATION FOR M.Pharm COURSE 2016 – 2017 SESSION' to,"The Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai - 10" before the last date along with a Demand Draft for 1000/- towards the cost of application form drawn in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, payable at Chennai.
- Applications without the Demand Draft will not be accepted. The name of the candidate and the course applied for (M. Pharm) should be mentioned on the reverse of the Demand Draft. SC/ SCA and ST candidates who are Natives of Tamil Nadu are exempted from payment of the cost of the Application Form.
Step 4: Eligibility
- Tamil Nadu students
- VIII to XII studied in Tamil Nadu - No Nativity Certificate
- Tamil Nadu Students (studied outside T.N) should produce Nativity Certificate
Step 5: Marks
A) BC & BC (Muslim)
- a) Minimum 60% in Bio / Botany + Zoology together.
- b) Minimum 60% in each Physics & Chemistry.
- c) Put together 130 out of 200.
B) M. B. C & D.N.C
- a) Minimum 55% in Bio or Botany and Zoology taken together.
- b) Minimum 55% in each Physics & Chemistry.
- c) Minimum 120 out of 200 Put together.
C) S.C, S.C ( Arunthathiyar), ST
- a) Minimum 40% in Bio or Botany+ Zoology together.
- b) Minimum 40% in each Physics & Chemistry.
- c) Put together 80 out of 200.
D) Other Communities :
- a) 60% minimum in Bio (or) Botany + Zoology) together.
- b) 60% in each subjects in Physics & Chemistry.
- c) Put together - minimum 140 out of 200.
E) Physically Challenged ( OC / BC / BCM / MBC / SC)
- a) 45% Minimum In each subject.
- b) OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DC - 50% Aggregate in Phy, Che & Bio (or) Bot+ Zoology
- c) SC, SC ( Arunthathiyar), ST - 40% aggregate.
- d) Physically challenged ( OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DC - 45% in each subject.
Step 6: Send your filled Application online:
Website : www.tnhealth.org or www.tn.gov.in
Step 7: Cut-Off Marks:
Many of you will be interested to know how the cut-off marks calculated. This is a ranking based on Marks obtained in +2.
a) Total 100 Marks out of 200
B = Biology Mark / 2
b) Total 50 Marks out of 200
P = Physics Mark / 4
C = Chemistry Mark /4
2. (Total 200 Marks out of 600)
Your Cut off = B +P+C
Physics = 189
Chemistry = 193
Biology = 187
B = 187/2 = 93.5
P = 189/4 = 47.5
C = 193/4 = 48.2
Medical Cut off = B+P+C = 93.5+47.5+48.2 = 189.2
Percentage in Biology
Percentage in Phy and Che taken together Y Marks
Percentage in Botany & Zoology taken together Z Marks
Weighted Total Marks for a maximum of 200
X + Y (or) Z + Y
% and weighted total should be accurate to 2 decimals
Inter - Se - Merit (Equal Marks)
- 1) % Bio or (Botany + Zoology)
- 2) % in Chemistry
- 3) % IV optional in XII
- 4) Date of birth - Seniority
- 5) Random No (Higher Value)
- Tentative Merit List will be published in selection Committee Notice Board and can be got for Website : www.tnhealth.org / www.tn.gov.in
- You will be called for counseling as per merit.
- Schedule will be available in Website. If you don't get the call letter, you can attend the
schedule as per Merit List. With call letters down coded fro web site.
- 1) Reach the place of Counselling, selection committee Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk Chennai. The stipulated date well in advance.
- 2) Take the necessary originals, along with Rs. 5000/- (DD favoring Secretary, Selection Committee - Non - refundable)
- 3) Candidates selected to the Govt quota seats in Self Finance Institute will have to remit Rs. 25,000/-
- 4) Govt. college fee Approximate Rs. 13,600/- MBBS
Rs. 11,600/- BDS
- 5)Self Finance college Rs. 3,00,000/- MBBS
Rs. 1,30,000/- BDS
- Be seated in the counseling place, watch Display for the colleges. Keep you preferences ready.
- You will be called in - sit before the Terminal - place your request will be help of counselleors. Your seat will be given as per the merit.
- Then visit the colleges concerned for further proceeding.
- Photocopy of the Attested documents to be enclosed with the applications.
- (original documents to be taken during counseling and to be submitted on admission)
- a) Mark Sheet of H.S.C (Academic) examination (both sides of mark sheep should be photocopied) or any other equivalent examination of the first appearance.
- b) Transfer certificate obtained after the completion of H.S.C (Academic) or equivalent courses.
- c) Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- d) Permanent Community Certificate card ( if applicable)
- e) X standard Mark Sheet
- f) Certificate for proof of study from VIII standard to XII standard
- g) H.S.C Hall Ticket
- h) First graduate certificate (if applicable). Certificate submitted with application alone will be considered. If submitted later to be college authorities it will be summarily rejected.
- i) Special category form with Demand Drafts and relevant certificates (if applicable)
Children of Freedom Fighters, physically disabled children of Ex serviced. Special category form I along with main application in the format available along with prospectus with an additional fee of Rs.100 by Demand Draft.
Submit the main form and Sports Category Form II (Sports) along with certificate and DD for
Rs.100/- to be submitted only in person on or before 02.05.2016.
Refer the Prospectus for the name of the Government and Self Financing Medical Colleges, Government and Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
Download Tamil Nadu Medical Admission (TNMA) Guide 2016
Proudly Serving for Indian Students Community