Education Bank Loan in India: South Indian Bank Ltd.
Download Application For South Indian Bank Education Loan
South Indian Bank Ltd is one of the earliest banks in South India which came into being during the Swadeshi movement and among the private sector banks in Kerala which became a scheduled bank in 1946 under the RBI Act. South Indian Bank Ltd offers three types of Educational loan to the students such as Vitjnan Pradhan Scheme (VPS), SIB-Excellence and Vidyanidhi Scheme.
Vitjnan Pradhan Scheme is purely for the students who are interested in pursuing professional courses.
SIB-Excellence this loan is for students who are interested to take admission in premier educational institutions like IITs, IIMs etc.
Vidyanidhi Scheme is exclusive for students securing admission in Professional colleges in Kerala.
Eligible Criteria for South Indian Bank Ltd Education Loan:
Student Education Loan:
- Student must have nationality Indian.
- Must take secured admission to technical or professional courses through the entrance exam or merit based selection process.
- Take securable admission to the foreign institutions or the university.
Courses Eligible for Getting Education Loan:
- All Govt. recognized Diploma courses.
- Engineering Degree courses - B.Tech, B.E, Bio technology.
- Engineering post graduation.
- M.Sc Biotechnology.
- Computer courses supported by CED (Central Electronics Department).
- Medical PG.
- Medical Degree.
- Management courses Full time MBA, MBM, PGDM.
- ACA, ACS, ICWA.
- B.V.Sc, A.H, BDS, M.Sc Agriculture, B.Sc Agriculture, B.Sc. Nursing, Bachelor of Physio Therapy, B. Pharm.
- Overseas Studies.
Details of Education Loan:
Coverage of Expenses:
- Fees payable to the school, college or hostel.
- Laboratory, Examination, or Library fee.
- Fees required for purchasing equipments, books, uniforms or instruments.
- Building funds, caution deposit or the deposit which is refundable supported by the institution receipts or bills.
- Passage money or travel expenses for those studies in abroad.
- Buy the computers which are useful for the course.
- Other expenses required for completion of course such as study tours, thesis, project work, etc.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 10 lakhs for the studies in India & Abroad
- There is no margin on the loan up to Rs 4 lakh.
- The margin on loans greater than Rs 4 lacs are 15 percent for students in India and 25 percent for the students in abroad.
- Scholarship is also included in margin.
- Margin is brought in one to one year basis.
Details & Contact:
Thrissur 001, Kerala, India
Phone - (0487) 2420058, 2420020, 2420113
Website - http://www.southindianbank.com
Since the rules, regulations, eligibility conditions, repayments and interests rates etc. are revised by the banks from time to time in keeping pace with the changing capital market conditions, students and parents are advised to thoroughly check the terms and conditions of educational loan scheme on offer at the time of application.