Indian Overseas Bank Education Loan
Indian Overseas Bank
Education Bank Loan in India: Indian Overseas Bank
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) was founded by Shri.M.Ct.M. Chidambaram Chettyar, on February 10th 1937 with the objective of specializing in overseas banking and business related to foreign exchange and was nationalized in the year 1969. The education loan offered by Indian Overseas Bank is also known as Vidya Jyoti Scheme. To pursue higher education either in India or aboard educational loans is offered by IOB to the deserving candidates.
Eligible Criteria for Indian Overseas Bank Education Loan:
Student for Education Loan:
- Student should have nationality Indian.
- Student must take secured admission to the standard universities or colleges in India as well as in abroad.
Courses Eligible for Getting Loan:
Education in the India:
- School education including graduation, postgraduate, computer or any diploma courses of standard universities and approved by state or central government.
- Certificate Courses of computers in the standard institutes approved by electronics department.
Education in abroad:
- Technical and job oriented courses offered in the standard universities.
- Master courses such as MBA, MCA, MS etc.
- Courses conducted by CPA in the USA, CIMA in London, etc.
Details of Education Loan:
Exposure of expenses:
- Fee payable to Hostel, school or college.
- Fees of exam.
- Purchase of books and the equipments.
- Passage money or travel expenses for the studies in abroad.
- Buy computers needed for the completion of course.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 10.00 Lakh for studying in India.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 20.00 Lakh for studying abroad.
- No margin up to Rs. 4 Lakh.
- The margin is 5 percent on the amount above Rs.4 Lakh to studies in India and 15 percent for studies abroad.
Documents must be submitted by both students and parents.
- No need of security for the loan up to Rs.4.00 Lakh.
- Guarantee of third party is required when loan amount is in between Rs. 4 Lakh and &.Rs. 7.50 Lakh.
- Collateral security or co-obligation of the guardians, parents or the third party is required for the loan amount above Rs. 7.50 Lakh.
One can repay the loan in equal monthly Installment for a maximum period of 5 - 7 years excluding holiday period.
Details & Contact
Indian Overseas Bank
66 - Rajaji Salai,
Chennai - 001, Tamil Nadu
Phone - (044) 25233231, 25231254, 25231253,
Fax - (044) 25231278
Customer Care - (044) 39898911
Toll Free No - 1800 425 1400
Website - http://www.iob.in
Since the rules, regulations, eligibility conditions, repayments and interests rates etc. are revised by the banks from time to time in keeping pace with the changing capital market conditions, students and parents are advised to thoroughly check the terms and conditions of educational loan scheme on offer at the time of application.
Other Bank Education Loan Archive
- Allahabad Bank
- Federal Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- HDFC Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Mysore Bank
- State Bank of Mysore
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Andhra Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Bank of India
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- State Bank of Indore
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- Karnataka Bank
- State Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Syndicate Bank
- Bank of Rajasthan
- UCO Bank
- Canara Bank
- United Western Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Central Bank
- ING Vysya Bank
- Dena Bank
- Union Bank Of India
- Development Credit Bank
- State Bank of Saurashtra
- Karur Vysya Bank
- City Union Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- Bharat Overseas Bank
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank