NIT Colleges in West Bengal
The NIT (National Institute of Technology)colleges in West Bengal impart various undergraduate and postgraduate and Doctorate programs in different fields of Engineering/ Technology.
- A Candidate aspiring for the Undergraduate levelmust have passed the 10+2 exam. With a minimum of 60% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- A Candidate seeking admission to the postgraduatecourse needsto be a graduate in the relevant stream.
- For admission to MCA course the person must score 60% in class 12 exam, and graduation with mathematics/ statistics/business mathematics a one of the subjects.
- For admission to MBA course one must be a graduate in any stream from a recognised university
- Admission to undergraduate courses is done through AIEEE (A national level entrance for NITs and other Engineering colleges in India). It is conducted by the CBSE board
- For admission to postgraduate course a candidate needs to clear the GATE entrance exam. Conducted by the IITs and followed by an interview for final selection.
- Candidates for the MBA course are selected on the basis of marks obtained in the CAT, MAT, or XAT exam. Followed by a group discussion and interview.
- Selection of candidates for MCA course is done through NIMCET ---National Institute of Technology Common MCA Entrance Test).
A degree holder from the NIT Colleges in West Bengal has many engineering and manufacturing options open in the private and public sectors in India and abroad.