Career Option in Indian Army
Working in the Indian Air Force (IAF) is about being in the middle of supersonic jets, state-of-the-art technology and best of the people. Air Force provides you with the best modern facilities and gives you an unparalleled way of life and creates an environment, where the best in you comes out.
- Education Details & Eligibility:
One can join the Air Force either as an Officer or Airman. The officer Cadre provides opportunities for men having 10th, Higher secondary (Intermediate), graduate, Engineering and
postgraduate degrees, in their three different officer in the Air Force. The officers will be posted either as a Pilot, or a Navigator, or a Technical or a Ground Duty officer in any one of the Air Force bases. Women have opportunities only in the Officer cadre of the Air force.
In the Airmen cadre, there are opportunities even for class tenth pass (Matriculate) and below candidates, 10+2 (Intermediate), Diploma, graduates,postgraduates etc in their technical and non-technical trade fields as,
The recruitment for all kinds of courses in the Indian Air force is carried out by the Ministry of defense with its headquarters in New Delhi. The ministry of defense brings out notification in various leading dailies as well as in Employment News. The procedure for sending the application is fairly simple. After spotting the relevant ad, eligible candidate can send the application in the format mentioned in the advertisement, before the last date of receiving of application.
- 16 to 19 years (candidates applying for NDA)
- 19 to 23 years (for graduate individuals in flying branch)
- 18 to 28 years (for graduate individuals in technical branch)
- 20 to 23 years (for graduate individuals in ground duty branches)
- 19 to 23 years (for engineering graduates in flying branch)
- 18 to 28 years (for engineering graduates in technical branch)
- 20 to 25 years (for engineering graduates in ground duty branches)
- 18 to 28 years (for post-graduate individuals in technical branch)
20 to 25 years (for
post-graduate individuals in ground duty branches)
- 16-20 years (positions available for candidates with matriculation or below)
- 16-22 years (positions available for candidates with intermediate qualification)
- 16-22 years (positions available for candidates with diploma qualification)
- 20-25 years (positions available for graduate individuals)
- 20-28 years (positions available for post-graduate individuals)
Sex: Male/Female (Depending upon the type of job)
Marital status: Single
D. Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
Armed Forces offer excellent career opportunities to the adventurous young candidates. It's a Career that offers immense facilities, a privileged lifestyle and of course, honor in serving the country.
The major activity of the air force is that of flying combat air craft and helicopters. Other activities include technical work such as
- aeronautical engineering,
- Electronics, and
- Computer engineering, as well as
- Administrative, financial and planning duties.
E. Approximate Salary Range:
As an airman in the Indian Air Force, you are assured of a stable and professionally satisfying career. Apart from your basic emoluments, you will also be entitled to a number of perks and benefits.
The revised remuneration for freshers is from Rs 5600 â€“ 17500.
F. Society Link:
An independent, nonprofit, civilian aerospace organization that promotes public understanding of aerospace power and national defense
Web site link: indianarmy.nic.in