NIFT Entrance Exam
NIFT Entrance Exam
Structure of the examination
The National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Examination includes both written test and a Personality test followed by group discussion and personal interview. Written test comprises General Ability Test, Creative Ability Test and Managerial Ability Test.
Syllabus of NIFT Entrance Examination
General Ability Test (GAT)
Quantitative Ability includes various areas such as:
- Work and Task
- Ratio and Proportion
- Distance, Profit & Loss
- Rate of Interest
- Algebra and Geometry
For Bachelor program in Technology, the quantitative ability questions will be from the matriculation level.
- Differential Calculus
- Fundamentals of Computer Application.
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
For Master program in Technology the quantitative ability questions will be from the graduation level.
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Probability and Statistics
- Linear Programming
- Fundamentals of Computer Applications
- Differential Equations
- Production Engineering
This is meant for checking the communication skills of the candidates. Questions will be asked from the following areas:
- Words with corresponding meanings
- One word substitutes
- Idioms and phrases
This is meant to check the English proficiency and comprehension skill of the candidates.
In this section, the candidates’ problem solving and analytical skills are evaluated.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
This test is done for evaluating the candidate’s general awareness.
Managerial Ability Test (MAT)
It is based on a situation of an industry environment. It also exposes the candidate’s managerial ability.
Business Domain Test
It is to judge the knowledge of a candidate on different facets of fashion designing.
It is meant to identify the candidate’s ability to find the logic or reason involved in a particular problem. Concepts and creative thinking ability will help in this sector. The Qualified candidates in the written test have to undergo:
Situation test is designed only for Design Program. This is for identifying the candidate’s ability in material handling. It also exposes one’s innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
Creative Ability Test (CAT)
This test is done to check the creative skill, power of observation, innovation and design ability of the candidate. An important part of this test is the candidate’s conceptual ability is fully evaluated.
This test is designed for master’s programs in technology & management programs.
This is an assessment test that measures the general competencies. The competencies are categorized into two groups: Task Oriented and People Oriented. This test will assess both the task and people oriented competencies.
Personal Interview: In this selection process, the candidate is tested on the various parameters as follows:
- Communication skills
- Aptness for the field
- Overall personality traits
- General Awareness and Aptitude.
- Career orientation
- Group Discussion
The duration of group discussion will be around 20-25 minutes. For group discussion, a familiar topic is given for a team of candidates. This section will be observed by an expert team. From the candidate’s views and opinions, experts will identify their interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT Entrance Examination
The educational qualifications for NIFT Entrance examination for Bachelor’s Program:
Bachelor’s Program in Design (Fashion Communication/ Knitwear Design/Textile Design/Accessory Design/Leather Design/Fashion Design)
The age limit for this examination is 23 years. Plus two or equivalent from a recognized University of the Central or State Board is the eligibility criteria for this Entrance examination or an Advanced Level of General Certificate Education Examination is required.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology in Apparel Production
Plus Two or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Maths is mandatory. Plus two certificates should be from a recognized State or Central Board of higher Secondary Examinations. The maximum age required for doing this courses in 23 years.
Master of Fashion Management
A bachelor’s degree in any stream from a reputed University is required. Candidates who have passed the diploma course in Fashion Designing/Accessory from NIFT is also eligible for this master’s program.
Master of Fashion Technology
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Technology is required for this program. BE/B.Tech in Electronics, Information Technology, Mechanical, and Computer is also included in the eligibility criteria.
Master of Design
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University is required. Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor in Applied Arts are also eligible. Bachelor of Architecture is also included in the eligibility criteria. Diploma candidates who have passed from the NIFT is also eligible. The age limit ranges from 21- 30 years.
How to Apply for NIFT Entrance Examination?
Application form along with the detailed prospectus can be purchased from the selected branches of Axis bank or IDBI bank. The application form can be purchased by paying an amount of Rs. 250/-. Candidates can also get the application by post. A demand draft of Rs. 350/- is to be send in favor of NIFT New Delhi. Candidates can also download the application form from the website: www.nift.ac.in .
How to fill the application form?
Instructions for filling the application form are given in the prospectus. Read carefully and follow the instructions given in the application form. OMR application is available for NIFT Entrance Examination. Does not damage, wrinkle or staple the application form. All the required details should be included in the application form. A recent passport size photograph is affixed in the space provided in the application form.
Important Dates of NIFT Entrance Examination
The application form will be available from the second week of November to the first week of January.
Written Examinations will be conducted mainly on the month of February.
Group discussions and Interview will be commonly held on the month of April and May
The results will be announced mainly on the first week of June.
Reference Books for NIFT Examination
- NIFT /NID Entrance Exams: Ultimate Success Series
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- NIFT/NID Exam Guide
- NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Exam Guide
- NIFT/NIFD/NID Entrance Exam
- NIFT: National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam Guide
Coaching Centers for NIFT Examination
- Academy of Fashion & Design
- Bhanwar Rathore Design Studio
- Trendz Academy
Thorough preparation is needed for NIFT Entrance Examination. Online guides as well as paper back guides can help the students for getting an idea about the questions. Besides this they can also seek help from their friends. Time management is another important thing that students need to focus on. They must try to cover all parts of their portions before their exams. The students need to start preparing early so that they can achieve success in this examination.
How and Where To Get the Results of NIFT Entrance Examination?
The results can be downloaded directly from the website: www.nift.ac.in .
For bachelor’s program, 40% should be required for GAT &CAT and 20% should be for situation test. In case of Master’s program, 35% should be scored for GAT &CAT and 10% for group discussion.
The score is valid only for the present academic year.
Other Competitive Exams Archive
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- NET (National Eligibility Test)
Other Entrance Exams in India Archive
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
- The Sainik School Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medicl Education And Research ( Jipmer)
- Actuarial Science Entrance Examination
- Entrance Exam In Aviation And Pilot
- Chartered Financial Analyst Entrance Examination
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Entrance Exam,Vellore
- Mass Media and Mass Communication Exam
- National Defence Academy Entrance Examination
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences 2012 MBBS Admissions 2012
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical UG CET 2012
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- Manipal (ENAT) Entrance Exam - 2012
- Travel And Tourism Entrance Examination
- Civil Service Entrance Examination
- Saveetha University Entrance Examination
- Santosh University Entrance Examination
- PMCA Bihar Private Medical Colleges Association Combined Entrance Test
- Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Exam 2012
- Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam 2012
- U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association Entrance Examination
- All India Dental & Medical Admission Test
- Annamalai University B.Sc.Entrance Exam
- Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Vadodara Entrance Examination
- Vinayaka Mission University AICEE Entrance Exam
- Tripura Medical College Entrance Examination
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test
- NIMS University Entrance Examination
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Entrance Test
- MGM Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Examination
- Bharath University Entrance Examination
- KLE University-All India Entrance Test
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Medical Entrance Examination
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Datta Meghe Institute Of Medicl Sciences University Entrance Examination
- Meenakshi University Entrance Examination
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Amrita University MCA Entrance Exam
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Medical Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Management and Technology Entrance Exam
- Asia pacific institute of management entrance exam
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management Exam
- B.K School of Business Management Entrance Exam
- Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)
- Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
- FORE School of Management Entrance Exam
- Goa Institute of Management Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test
- Indian Institute of Banking and Finance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Entrance Exam
- Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test
- Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business Exam
- Institute of Management Development and Research Entrance Exam
- International Management Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management entrance exam
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam
- Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam
- Karunya School of Management Entrance Exam
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Management Entrance Exam
- Mumbai Business School Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Bank Management Entrance Exam
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Entrance Exam